Rolling Road Day near duxford (cambridge) 19th Sep 09

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for organising it Brett. Appreciate your and Richard's attention to detail and the feedback given to all owners.

Was due to put the 16ver back on the road anyway so it can be a leisurly diagnosis.

Many thanks to Dave for use of the ECU - how lucky was that - and Roger for the tow home.

sounbs like you broke the vr nige hope its not serious mate' date=' good luck bud. :o

[/quote']

Died after I put my Ebay chip in - was after a difinitive answer - so relieved Dave has a dizzy engine so I could rule out the ECU which worked on his whist his ECU made no difference to mine. Hope the weather stays dry so I can set to work with a multimeter as it looks like a short / earth problem.

just got home a little while ago. Great day guys. Shame i couldn't run my car but will get it done in the next week or two hopefully. I will post all the pics up on here on monday. Fingers crossed nige gets his sorted... But thanks to everyone there, was a good one! :) :)

Was good to meet a few more faces today :) ' relatively' happy with the result, though surprised at the tranny / drag loss figure, a whopping 58 bhp :-( . Never mind, at least no faults or issues came up...

199.5 bhp @ 6040 rpm

181 lb ft @ 5040 rpm

Air temp 27 degrees

C y'all again,

Good luck Nige n Chris, get rolling soon !!

Well always a pleasure people

BHP unreadable

Torque Off the scale

;)

Thanks Tony for gauge holder

And Helen for the inlet manifold

let us know when u got all your bits on and i will book u in i will have a word with richard see if i can get u some discounted roller time when i get back from holiday . im glad that we didnt run it and more so we potentially stopped an expencive engine failure .

Just got back, cars not as quick as it used to be lol,

179 BHP engine :-(

134.5 @ wheels

164 1bf-ft @4200rpm

Let me know when you can squeze me in Tony and I will pop over,

Well great to see everyone again, thanks to Brett and revivals, Helen for the sandwich run and everyone for the day, hoope to see ya'll @ night racing

So whens your holiday then Brett so I know when to kinda ready. Missing injectors have been posted, so will get em off for cleaning straight away, standard inlet manifold is ready to go on along with a new rising rate fpr. Gonna ring up about a uprated fuel pump monday as well to make sure everything is covered.

Cheers once again Brett

So whens your holiday then Brett so I know when to kinda ready. Missing injectors have been posted' date=' so will get em off for cleaning straight away, standard inlet manifold is ready to go on along with a new rising rate fpr. Gonna ring up about a uprated fuel pump monday as well to make sure everything is covered.

Cheers once again Brett

[/quote']

give ya £50.00 for the battered old schrick lol :-p :o;)

So whens your holiday then Brett so I know when to kinda ready. Missing injectors have been posted' date=' so will get em off for cleaning straight away, standard inlet manifold is ready to go on along with a new rising rate fpr. Gonna ring up about a uprated fuel pump monday as well to make sure everything is covered.

Cheers once again Brett

[/quote']

Deal...........when would I get the other £700......a week later?

;)

Cheers once again Brett

[/quote']

Deal...........when would I get the other £700......a week later?

;)

its the only one i know with stonechips lol 8-|

Thanks to Brett and all at Revivals

Excellent day good to see people laugh at my engine trying to escape on rev limiter lol

Thanks for making me scare Chris trying to keep up

197bhp

175lb-ft@4800rpm

129.5bhp@wheels

Hope you find the problem soon Nige

Good luck with your wishbones Nat

May the ForceD be with you Craig

good day guys, sorry i couldnt stay to the end. craig, its more than liklely your fuel pump, as it ws dropping 2 bar on full throttle, your injectors would be maxed out anyways.. and with the rising rate, it just forces fuel through them instead of letting it return to the tank.. but best to change it all over if you have the bits.. let me know when and illl pop over.