Can be done, its been done...

I think you have to chop the runners/assembly off your current seat then weld it to the recaro..

You have to play about with where you cut the runners and stuff so that it doesn't sit on the piss..

My friend just had his done for his G40..

g40seatsnew3.jpg

Only pic I got sort of showing the runners..

See, thing is, these recaros are half leather out of a 4 door car. What i'm thinking of doing is buying some cheap tatty 2 door recaros out of an RST and swapping over the Leather. They are really cheap but i'm not sure if its worth the hassle. I was quoted £500 to get some covered new! Wotcha reckon?

Tbh mate - if your going to get them recovered then you really want to be looking out for the cheapest scabiest seats you can find - it doesnt matter what they look like on top as thats going to be revamped.

As for £500 - is that just for the front pair of seats ?! - bleeding expensive if it is :o - id expect all four for that sort of cash :P

Like gold dust!!! I can find some cheap scabby RST Recaros no worries. But what i'm trying to say is that i've managed to get my hands on some half leather Recaros out of a four door. So I was gonna swapp over the half leather to some scabbby recaros out of a 2 door. Get my drift? Either that or sod it and just get some scabby ones leathered new. But if you can name somewhere that'll leather for a decent price, I may just do that.

Right - i think im with you - your going to transfer the 1/2 leather skins to the scabby 2 dr tilt seats as your car is a 2 dr - right ?! .

I then presume your car is cloth interior - what will you do with the rear bench - could you modify the 1/2 leather from the Cossie to fit your rear seat??

As for trimmer - my Fiance's father is an upholsterer for a expensive furniture company - theyve got displays in Harrods and the like :P

Never actually pinned him down for a price for recovering tbh - most of my cars had/have leather :P

I do know he gets lovely hides for about £80 - cant remember how many seats youd get out of one hide but i think it might be 1 1/2-2 ?!

Pete.

P.S - weve been engaged for 8 years - why break the habit :P

To be honest, you should get the lot done in one go, just in case the place you get the fronts done goes under or starts getting their hides from another place, then there could be a slight difference... Slim chance, but you never know...

Door cards?

Alternatively

?iid=y3a420&outx=600&oq=0

Can buy mine...

I'm after some Koenig seats, but not got a good deal on a set yet...

£1000 and their yours..lolol

RST seats on ebay go dirt cheap.. Personally, the best way to do things is buy each seat seperately.. A pair of recaros seem to go for alot more than buying a single seat on different occasions.. mind you, prob only £20 difference..lol

changing the frame/runners will be a pain in the arse.

bet you wished you could have got the deal i got, full set of mkIII cloth recaros for £120!

its quite easy to find a set of mkIII cloth recaros in good condition for £300ish, will be a lot easier to get them into the car after all. and you can hold off on the retrim (if you have to have leather) till a later date (i.e. when you can afford it)

colour concept leather cheapest i've seen was a set for £800, so would cost about the same to get cloth recaros and get them retrimmed (but you'd be able to choose the colour scheme and they'd be as new, so prob better way to do it)

Mate, i'd buy those!

I looked into Recaro Speed's and for the full leather ones they are over £1000, but I got offered them for £850...

Find out if they're leather or Vinyl, if they're leather, go for them!! The recaro Speeds have 'RECARO' painted onto the top, you could do that and no one would know! lol