My VR6 turbo, Haldex 4wd. The end....

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

[blockquote]Isn't the o2a box standard on a vr anyway?

I'm using an o2m box, which yes, is stronger. And it bolts straight up to the vr block, but you will need a flywheel and clutch to match (240mm). [/blockquote]

well i guess i meant o2m,lol

[blockquote]Which is very expensive when spec'd for turbo power.Lol[/blockquote]

you cant just say its expensive,give us an idea so i've got a figure to work with,then i can break it to da missus...

Right, the story so far...

Sorned it last month due to being skint, and mot ran out on the 11th feb, so i thought its a good time to start sorting bits out on my car.

So, hopefully sold my inlet manifold, which i had to take off the car, which meant the front end had to come off! Discovered a few bits that need sorting, like a leaking power steering hose, and the rocker cover weeping slightly. I'l start making inlet number 2 in the next couple of weeks, and i'd like to fit some slim-line fans, move the oil cooler, plump the wastegates into the exhaust, and add a few heatshields. Might even paint the engine bay whilst the engines out!

Updates and pictures to follow peeps!! :)

Are you not going to run it this year Paul? I was looking forward to seeing it go up the Pod...

I'd like to, but i need to sort some bits i'm not happy with (i've had too much thinking time!) and money's tight atm, but hopefully i'l get out in it this year. I just feel i've rushed some bits so i feel that now is the time to recify these issues.

[blockquote]dman-vrt wrote ...

where is your wastegate pipe routed to at the mo?

They vent to atmosphere, but aren't routed very well, so the easiest option (due to space) is to have them join into the downpipe. [/blockquote]

have you got a pic i could see,cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, after winning COTM for March, something that i really wanted came up for sale, so i bought it! I really didn't want to do this so close to winning it, but needs must an all that... :)

Unfortunatly, that means the end for my mk3.... so MOST PARTS ARE FOR SALE.

I'l be using the engine, transmission, running gear etc on the new project.

Its a shame to do this but i feel that the next project will be better.

I've had fun building the mk3, its had its highs and lows, and changed so much!

Thank you to everyone who has supported me through the build, and those that have found this thread inspiring.

But as the song goes, 'always look on the bright side of life!'

I'l start a new build thread later on. :)