My VR6 turbo, Haldex 4wd. The end....

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about a custom cages cage, but they're mega money, but i hadn't seen the omp cages that cheap before! Might be worth buying, and then modifying to suit my needs, which would look like the custom cages design.

I've thought about, and come to the conclusion that yes like you say, its not something you want to take a chance on really. Plus to make a basic cage, like the omp one, it would take alot of working out, and working, and buying a cage wouldn't be too much more than making a home made one, not with the price of steel these days!

Looking good mate nice to see it progressing. Are u going to get ur tyres frm cam skill they got some good deals on at the min.

Yep, for sure mate, they seem the cheapest about, and i can get them fitted for bangers so not too bad. Was looking at 215 40 17's, wouldn't mind some falken fk452's, as Katies got them on the front of hers and they are really good! Even in the pants weather they hold up pretty well.

Good to see you back at it Paul' date=' I also am interested in how much weight saving you have done

[/quote']

Cheers, it feels good!!! Lol ;) I've got more to rip out of the car, but it can wait til i get on with a cage.

Well the list has got alot shorter!

It needs 4 tyres and 10mm spacers on the rears before the mot in feb' date='[/color'] the inside needs painting once i've fitted a cage, and it needs a service.

Not too much, but the cage is lots of £££! And the outside will need a blow over once the weathers warmed up.

I might be changing my 10mm spacers for 20mm in the near future. I'd be happy to help you fabricate a roll cage if you want to try. Can do the curves without bending.....

yeah but a standard vr is about 1250 isnt it roughly' date=' yours should be a lot less than that mate ! ;)

how far off being completed is it ?

[/quote']

should be but you have that silly haldex set up !!! thats tons of weight ..... lol

when my cage is in ill come to a south coast meet and you have a look over it !!!

It needs 4 tyres and 10mm spacers on the rears before the mot in feb' date='[/color'] the inside needs painting once i've fitted a cage, and it needs a service.

Not too much, but the cage is lots of £££! And the outside will need a blow over once the weathers warmed up.

I might be changing my 10mm spacers for 20mm in the near future. I'd be happy to help you fabricate a roll cage if you want to try. Can do the curves without bending.....

Ok, we'll have a chat about it soon then mate, chuck a few ideas around! And yes please when you swap your spacers...

yeah but a standard vr is about 1250 isnt it roughly' date=' yours should be a lot less than that mate ! ;)

how far off being completed is it ?

[/quote']

should be but you have that silly haldex set up !!! thats tons of weight ..... lol

when my cage is in ill come to a south coast meet and you have a look over it !!!

Now now Tony, jealousy won't get you anywhere! :)

Yeah, come down when you've got yours fitted and we could have a look at it please.

Ok, we'll have a chat about it soon then mate, chuck a few ideas around! And yes please when you swap your spacers...

As and when I swap them out they're as good as yours.....

oh and what were the windows like to fitt just a few rivets and sealant ???

Not too bad, i used m6 countersunk bolts and tiger seal to seal them. I should have removed the lip on the boot, where the sealant is, so the window sits flat like the 2 rear quarter windows. And the spoiler is stuck on, and a couple of self tapers to hold it in place while it dryed.

oh and what were the windows like to fitt just a few rivets and sealant ???

Not too bad' date=' i used m6 countersunk bolts and tiger seal to seal them. I should have removed the lip on the boot, where the sealant is, so the window sits flat like the 2 rear quarter windows. And the spoiler is stuck on, and a couple of self tapers to hold it in place while it dryed.

[/quote']

ahh ok cool cant wait to get mine in .... do your fronts go up and down ???? or you got the little slide window race style .... lol