VR6OC national meet 31st July - 2nd August 2009 :) :)

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Butcher of Billing

Cant believe the mulberry/London lot turned up as we were leaving

They were more interested in their own cars!!!

Vr-ichard was asked to move his silver one out the camera view for the foto's!!!!!

I stopped and chatted for a while' date=' nwdubs=not my scene!!

[/quote']

No one asked Ritchie to move anywere... Dunno were you got that idea from dude!

Soz mate, that was just the impression i got from him, Apologies if i got that wrong!!

Its always a pleasure meeting the new people to the forum at these things as it puts a face to the name.

RCF being the main one for me.....3yrs on the forum and never knowing what he looked like!!!!!!

I hope I was everything you dreamed of.... :D

Well Jim I couldnt of put it any better myself mate. Better to be adult and not rant and rave about it. As long as we got on with there admin/mods then thats the important thing as there is always a bad element in most clubs.....not seen it here tho' and id be first to say something if one of our members did anything like that. Might have to have a look on club polo and say hi to admin/mods

Its always a pleasure meeting the new people to the forum at these things as it puts a face to the name.

RCF being the main one for me.....3yrs on the forum and never knowing what he looked like!!!!!!

Oh yes lol

hello vr6 owners club, i just want to point a few things out

1st being that the persons who caused all this aggro, have long been known as trouble on the clubpolo forum and from memory got banned. Thing is, there is little to stop these idiots turning up at shows and causing trouble, especially if you have no idea what they look like, untill they turn up!

I think its a little unfair to label us all as im-mature kids, with car inferiority complexes, as thats simply not the case.

Granted clubpolo do have there fair share of morons, but i guess thats due to mk4 polos fitted with 1 litre engines being cheap to buy and mod.

Im sure if a vr6 was cheap enough to buy and mod, that your club too would then have issues with childish prats.

I'd also like to add that some of the vr6 owners did appear to somewhat look down their noses as they drove past, certianly didnt make me want come over and say hello, even though i also own a golf,

I guess stereo-typing people cuts both ways. you guys have been type cast as grumpy old men by a few people, ive been cast as an im-mature teen, along with the rest of my fellow polo driving chums!

(btw im 26, drive a polo g40, polo gt and mk3 golf cabby, i didnt play any loud music, was at the show for just the saturday (so missed all the fun)and left the field without revving the nuts off my car or leaving a trail of detritus behind me)

hello vr6 owners club' date=' i just want to point a few things out

1st being that the persons who caused all this aggro, have long been known as trouble on the clubpolo forum and from memory got banned. Thing is, there is little to stop these idiots turning up at shows and causing trouble, especially if you have no idea what they look like, untill they turn up!

I think its a little unfair to label us all as im-mature kids, with car inferiority complexes, as thats simply not the case.

Granted clubpolo do have there fair share of morons, but i guess thats due to mk4 polos fitted with 1 litre engines being cheap to buy and mod.

Im sure if a vr6 was cheap enough to buy and mod, that your club too would then have issues with childish prats.

I'd also like to add that some of the vr6 owners did appear to somewhat look down their noses as they drove past, certianly didnt make me want come over and say hello, even though i also own a golf,

I guess stereo-typing people cuts both ways. you guys have been type cast as grumpy old men by a few people, ive been cast as an im-mature teen, along with the rest of my fellow polo driving chums!

(btw im 26, drive a polo g40, polo gt and mk3 golf cabby, i didnt play any loud music, was at the show for just the saturday (so missed all the fun)and left the field without revving the nuts off my car or leaving a trail of detritus behind me)

[/quote']

ah u must be the fella that spoke to me about my cabby .... nice to meet u mate and good luck with the cabby

Well spoken up Jon, it's a fair point, no point labelling all from both sides - like we've all said it's the minority that always spoil it for the majority. That said, once people have arrived they can always be asked to leave!

If you're sticking around, get some pics up of your MK3, may not be a VR but sure no one would mind having a look!

Cheers

Andy

[/quote']

First thanks for coming on and explaining a few things and we will try to rectify those things over time. But the thing which really annoyed me was one of our members being called a "VR6 wa**er" If i was there id of deffinately of said something to the offending person as that sort of abuse is uncalled for and wont be tolerated by me.

As has been said pop some pics of the cabby up

[/quote']

Grats on posting mate.

I may have been an offending "down the nose looker" due in part to being called a wa*ker by a group of muppets at the front near the bog as I was driving out to the shop.

When I returned, I looked into the offenders area for that particular scumbag but couldn't see him, instead noticed everyone else staring at me...so they got stared at back I'm afraid.

Also, I got abuse from several girls and boys (16/17) year olds that camped near our corner (the same ones that wiped sh*t all over the toilet handles and pi**ed all over the toilets on friday night), so I wasn't impressed.

I wasn't upset at each of you, just the offending people.

We aren't grumoy men and I'm sure 90% of the polo lot were not stupid teens, you say you're 26 and not a teen, I'm 23 and not an old man, but we know the difference between right/wrong and behaving properly. Us old men know that and as such, were labelled by the unruly idiots.

We didn't generalise and include you all with the complaint, just the idiots.

I had a good chat with some of you anyway and enjoyed it.

Thanks for posting and thanks for giving us your views on the day(s) we were there. Appreciate it mate.

[/quote']

ah u must be the fella that spoke to me about my cabby .... nice to meet u mate and good luck with the cabby

wasnt me! i did spot your cabby though

i can totally understand that you guys were pretty vexed at the behavior of some people, and tbh if i was in your situation i would have probably flipped my lid at the offenders. The reason that clubpolo were banned 2 years ago, was due to some donk who decided to go round robbing the ford focus owners club signage and shout abuse out through a megaphone. Sad really, as out of the 300 or so cars that were there, the club ended up banned cos of a couple of muppets

anyway, to lighten the mood, heres a pic of the cabby im fixing up for the mrs

DSC_0600.jpg

its the 2 litre 8v, so reasonably useable, well it will be once i get it running right

Im sure if a vr6 was cheap enough to buy and mod' date=' that your club too would then have issues with childish prats.

[/quote']

Thanks for coming over to explain things, regarding the above - any 'childish' on here will result in an instant ban from the forum, I've done it before, and I'll do it again. I dont tolerate any sort of prattish behaviour on our site, it just spoils it for the genuine people.

If I was at billing with my family (and not recovering from my operation) I'd have sparked out the little cunt who were giving abuse to our club members!

Im sure if a vr6 was cheap enough to buy and mod' date=' that your club too would then have issues with childish prats.

[/quote']

Thanks for coming over to explain things, regarding the above - any 'childish' on here will result in an instant ban from the forum, I've done it before, and I'll do it again. I dont tolerate any sort of prattish behaviour on our site, it just spoils it for the genuine people.

If I was at billing with my family (and not recovering from my operation) I'd have sparked out the little cunt who were giving abuse to our club members!

the point i was making was that these people that caused the bother WERE banned! no-one knew who they were till it was too late and the trouble started. you can ban people all you want, but it doesnt generally have any effect on those type of people anyway. Its like people who get banned from driving, they often continue to drive regardless of the rules. (i do agree that someone should have sorted them out after they kicked off though)

i can totally understand that you guys were pretty vexed at the behavior of some people' date=' and tbh if i was in your situation i would have probably flipped my lid at the offenders. The reason that clubpolo were banned 2 years ago, was due to some donk who decided to go round robbing the ford focus owners club signage and shout abuse out through a megaphone. Sad really, as out of the 300 or so cars that were there, the club ended up banned cos of a couple of muppets

anyway, to lighten the mood, heres a pic of the cabby im fixing up for the mrs

[img']http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q233/g40jon/DSC_0600.jpg

its the 2 litre 8v, so reasonably useable, well it will be once i get it running right

What's up with the running of your cabby mate? Poor idling by any chance?

Just had this on my cabby 2.0 8v and is quite common. You'll need to check and clean your throttle body. I used a tooth brush and carb cleaner and didn't take it off completely but just disconnected the inlet side. Also stripped and flushed the breather hose and cleaned through the breather filter and it ran like a dream.

If you are grafting in a donor piece of metal from another arch lip, use a joggler to offset the edge to get the best finish and strong bond.

Oh yes lol

I wondered where you too had got to Sat night... dont come knocking if the tents a rocking! :-d