"Best" cams on VR6T

No question that the SP 263 FI cams are good.

But my opinion is that you can get good cams for half price.

Billy-T on Vortex made 718whp on his 12V VRT with the Autotech 262...

Adrian: By a a set off the 262's with new lifters and springs. Get it as a kit. Nice upgrade.

Autotech's cams are cut by the same people who do Shcimmel's.

Bill Schimmel's engines have made more with his own cams. It depends on a heck of a lot more than just the cams.

So are you trying to say Autotech's are better for half the price then?

You love your plugging don't you :-)

Plugging?

I think im going for the autotechs, I dont need the best of the best on my budget, and the autotechs seem very good according to vwvortex users.

If i had the money would buy the schimmels, but im a student. . . . . . .

Anybody running something else than theese?

What is your camprofile/psi and HP?

Thanks

Adrian: By a a set off the 262's with new lifters and springs. Get it as a kit. Nice upgrade.

Bill Schimmel's engines have made more with his own cams. It depends on a heck of a lot more than just the cams.

Im not saying that the Autotech cams are better. But they have proven to be good cams for the bucks.

You need to agree on that Kev.

Im not saying that the Autotech cams are better. But they have proven to be good cams for the bucks.

You need to agree on that Kev.

Guess i will be the first one! You cant make 700hp with any cam so the autotechs seem to be a good alternative to someone who wants to tune their vrt without spending to much $.

I wont be doing a RR without and with, but i will let u know if there is a power increase.

I think you are getting maiden wrong kev, he was ONLY saying they´re good alternative, but no he does not have the facts u would prefer.

I don't NEED to agree on anything. Proven by who? Whose done a back to back comparison of all the cams out there and posted up results?

I dont need to hear what you say either. You read Vortex, and for the last 7 years Autotech cams have been proven.

And if you dont understand that, take a look at Vortex.

I am going to buy new cams for my vr6t and i would buy the shimmel performance 263 if it wasnt for these: http://www.fourseasontuning.com/?product=156#

The duration is almost the same but that cant be the only fact that comes to play.

???????

thanks

DRC have nice cams also. Tell him your setup, and hear what he suggests.

DSR 256 I can see alot off people talking warm about them.

Building a VRT costs alot off money, and all the parts Ive bought so far has never been the cheapest way to go.

But when im gonna buy new cams, I have a little finger on the 262's as a complete kit.

I know SP 268 cams are released awhile ago. 268 FI cams sounds mean ;)

• 2 years later...