.:R32 engine into a mk3

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the way stealth do it is they give you a loom containing labeled wires telling you want to connect them to. The ECU has it's own relay and fuse board and they integrate that into the loom for you, so all you need is a battery live, switched live, and fuel pump live and that's it in terms of power supply. The rest plugs and plays onto the engine as that is a seperate loom aswell that hooks straight into the ECU.

lol great thanx for the reply i feel like a right muppet now...

i had a friend offer me a mk4 r32 engine with:

g box

transfer box

all other heldex 4wd system parts

ecu

clocks

pedal

rad and all other wiring/piping from the bay

for only £900 with only 40k on it :(

i should have really taken it right

lol great thanx for the reply i feel like a right muppet now...

i had a friend offer me a mk4 r32 engine with:

g box

transfer box

all other heldex 4wd system parts

ecu

clocks

pedal

rad and all other wiring/piping from the bay

for only £900 with only 40k on it :(

i should have really taken it right

Yep, your a muppet ;)

The plastic inlet is a nice design. Clever tuning and it doesn't wick heat out of the engine, so runs cooler....but....it is schitt quality. Obvious cost cutting if ever I saw it.

You can visibly see the plenum next to the throttle body expand and collapse when opening / closing the throttle quickly. You really cannot use the stock inlet for boost. I don't care what anyone says.

As for weight, the R32 is within a few kilos of the 12V's weight and if you use slim line front fans and relocate the battery for the MK5 air box, then you can shift a little weight off the nose.

Yes. Need the R32 pump to go with it though as it has a different pick up head, which VW don't sell seperately. Apart from that, it's identical to the 12V pump rather annoyingly.

An R32 sump will lift it above wishbone bolt level, so the subframe will get clouted before the sump does .

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Good man!

I'm impressed with this though I have to say - http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4732458

621whp on a 2.8 24V @ 28psi (GT35R 1.06 AR)!!

Mind you, that's on race gas and only 1 run.

Less impressive is the 200ish lb/ft fall in torque from 5300 to 7000rpm though. You always expect torque to fall away at the 5252rpm cross-over, but that does seem drop a lot, especially for a 1.06 back housing on a 2.8. Maybe the 24V head needs and even bigger back housing!!! :-)