Well lads does anyone know if a '03 audi s4 not rs4 would wipe a charged vr6. A friend of mine bought the s4 recently and claims the vr would stand no chance. After speaking to Stealth and Storm about supercharging the vr I wanted to know would I be pissing against the wind if I went through with it. My friend has driven my '07 r32 and has slated that aswell. Which I can sort of understand as its standard. What can I do with the vr to compete. We usually meet each other on the motorway so 4wd not really a problem. Budget is about 3500-4500 pounds.

Thanks for the response.

VR running 300ps would mince a standard S4. Power to weight is much better. The S4 weighs in at a hefty 1660kg with its 344ps, and your 1280kg VR and it's projected 300ps. Same principal with the R32 really, bags of power but too damn heavy to compete with an older model with the same power, due to increased safety standards. Only problem would be traction off the line. Mince that fool!

what you gonna do when he buys a carrera gt2? LOL just kidding.. I've heard good things about both rotrex and VF engineering chargers... seem to recall something about rotrex being fitted very low down in the engine bay and being pretty tight tho... may be wrong........

VR running 300ps would mince a standard S4. Power to weight is much better. The S4 weighs in at a hefty 1660kg with its 344ps' date=' and your 1280kg VR and it's projected 300ps. Same principal with the R32 really, bags of power but too damn heavy to compete with an older model with the same power, due to increased safety standards. Only problem would be traction off the line. Mince that fool!

[/quote']

i can gaurantee youd do him ;)

ps the vr6 weighs 1155 kg not 1280 mate :)

with S4's, you cab basically fit a channel tunnel size exhaust, gut out the down pipes and fit K04's, then a custom map and they are nuts!

Big problem with them though, if you want to swap turbo's, manifolds, downpipes etc you have to take the engine out! So a simple job, turns into a very expensive pain in the arse

yeh the one his mate got is the 4.2 v8. around 340bhp with over 300 ft/lbs torque.

oh in that case i recon you need a big big turbo lol, I thought we where talking about a 1.8Ts lol,

Why don't you turbo your R32? 450-500bhp and you got the 4 wheel drive, should a fair bit quicker i recon

Thanks for the reply lads.

Decisions, decisions.

I dont want to charge the r32 as its still under warranty and it HAS been in for work under warranty already. The thing is the vr in question is a vento. Everyone one who has met me hates the car because its a vento. The old doll wont even sit in it when we have to go somewhere. So ive decided to throw a bunch of money at it and see what happens performance wise. I will post the progress up as the plan takes shape.

Maybe I should have bought a gt2.

Thanks lads.

Nothing wrong with Ventos. A better driver's car than the Golf, but shallow people don't see it that way. In the same way they don't care a Skoda Octavia is a Golf / Audi A3 underneath, they just won't buy one because of the badge.

I hate the way the UK is becoming so superficial with cars.

Turbo the Vento. I doubt you'd drive the R32 much after that. The R32 is quick off the line and that's about it. A turbo'd VR6 is in a completely different league in the mid range and top end.

For you friend to say an S4 will wipe a "charged" VR is an odd statement. Surely, It must depend on how charged it is to start with. The Carpi VW is "charged" and I reckon that would laugh at the S4 with 500+ BHP.

The other thing I find odd is comparing a 4.2 to a 2.8 ? If it was a turbo'd 2.7 like they used to be then sure slap a turbo on the VR and then compare, but comparing 4.2s to 2.8 seems silly. And to slate a standard R32 vs the S4 which again has the bigger engine is odd. Might aswell go out and get a F1 car and say it is quicker than a Fiat Punto ?

Does your friend have something against VW :)

Thanks for the reply.

I think something like the vento deserves big power as mine has been confused as a diesel' date=' even by the local police.

I have seen the pics of your own conversion and its impressive. Can you suggest a one stop shop or is it a case of diy?

[/quote']

And that's a good thing :-) I like street sleepers. I'm toying with the idea of getting a Bora 4Motion because 90% of Boras are diesels, so no one will expect one to shoot off into the distance like a scalded cat, LOL! Only mine would have an R32 lump dropped into it, and then turboed!

DIY is nice and much cheaper, but to do 100% everything yourself you need a good tool collection, good size garage and good fabrication and welding equipment / skills.

I'd recommend Stealth Racing for a one stop shop, although you'll be into 5 figures unfortunately. But the job would be superb.

Nothing wrong with Ventos. A better driver's car than the Golf' date='

[/quote']

whys this kev? Because its of the boot closer to 50/50 weight balance?

Surly if you get a mk3 very close to 50/50 it would drive better than a vento? Just stripped mine out and i still can't believe how much better it goes round corners :-d

Street sleepers are cool and i do like ventos, should be a monster when you finished