well, its only cause i know my '93 has a coilpack! then i checked in the bentley and it said all '93 on's did, and only '92 cars had the dizzy.

i'm quite good at theory...but useless when it comes to actually working on the car (well, for more complex stuff anyway)

I believe the stealership ones are Beru' date=' according to GSF their leads are Beru too, they're £56, anyone know if they're the same?[/quote']

Had mine replaced with bbt ones last service @ the dealer..........they charged me £47.50 + vat for the leads..........not sure if my dealer also uses beru too but ive had no problems with the bbt ones so far :)

I was hunting round for some leads when i first bought the car and had varrying quotes from different VW dealers over the SE of England.

Iirc some were quoting me around £60+vat for the set or around £18 each - some slightly cheaper depending on length - go figure!

I also tried Ford and they wouldnt/didnt sell the kit of 6 leads and seperately they worked out over £100 :o - so much for Ford being cheaper ~:(

In the end i got a set of pattern leads - cant remember the make but good quality with decent OE ends and theyve been fine ever since.

I think they were about £45 iirc....

Pete.

I had problems with Blue igniters on my Mk1 - in the end i threw them away - where the leads went into the suppression cover that clips over the park plug was prone to arcing when wet - the car would misfire like a b'stard.

Got a set of Beru leasds and no more problems.

Also had a similar problem with Magnecor KV85's on my Saab turbo.

The king lead had a slight wear area - less than 0.5 mm thickness worn off where it had been underneath a rad hose.

This wear area although insignificant lead to horrendous arcing when the weather was wet - so much so that on the wway back from a track day at Goodwood the car conked out up a hill in the pissing rain on the inside lane of the A27 near Worthing jut wherre the hard shoulder had temporarily ended - Nice ~:(

Once the lead was dried out it was ok until it got saturated again.....

Not saying the Magnecor's werent good because when they wre new they were great however dont let anything rub them AT ALL :o

Pete