I would think they are the same engine but im unsure hence why i asked lol,

Id be surpriced if they made a new engine to go into one model of car?? And the reason they didn't put it into the mk5 is because they just thought a 3.6 was just way to silly to put into a hackback?

Would be nice to think that if your putting new pistons into a R32 you could turn it into a 3.6 or at least a 3.4 :-d

I think its somthink i find out for sure when im older and can afford to do this sort of thing,

Cheers anyway

i read that its not the same engine at all the pistons are 10 degree v not 15 they dont come down the same angle as the conrods because therd be no room at the bottom of the bores ie the conrods still form 15 dwegrees put the pistons are only 10

ps 400 cc is a fair overbore lol

Eat this is right, 10 degrees and different engine. There is a certain member on here who already owns an R36 engine not sure if hes going ahead any more though. The block has the bore walls protruding out the sides to allow for the huge pistons, Big old beasties R36. Have issues with oil pressure causing premature engine failure too. Mappable to over 300HP normally aspirated and Turbo Diesel like torque.

Yeah I've been looking into 24V engines for my next project.

R36 is nothing like the R32. Different head completely as it's FSi, plus the weird block Lizard mentioned..... and the R36 has 89mm bore, playing the R32's 84mm. You can't bore the R32 much beyond a 2mm over bore as the wall thickness is still an issue as it is with the 12V. That only gives you about 3342cc. Hardly worth it, especially if forced fed.

Then I looked at sticking the R36 crank into the R32 block. No good. Even with a 2mm over bore, still only gives 3363cc.

Best bet imo..... Stick a GT35R on the R32 lump. It'll spool like a scalded cat and make 650hp no worries.

If you buy the R32 Golf the engine comes with, you've got the traction to go with it and the 02M gearbox which can take the power ;-)

Been having a look on some other forum rooms and it seems that LOADS of R36s are failing after 4000 miles, There def a problem with them, Think its oil pressure related and the teeth are striping from the timing gear, Also tentioner bolt

Best bet imo..... Stick a GT35R on the R32 lump. It'll spool like a scalded cat and make 650hp no worries.

If you buy the R32 Golf the engine comes with' date=' you've got the traction to go with it and the 02M gearbox which can take the power ;-)

[/quote']

Ah thing with buying an R32 is they cost £11,000 and up, I recon I could get then engine, gearbox, 4 wheel drive system and £3000 towards the turbo for that,

Mk4s are very heavy and i like my Mk3 lol One day when im older its going to get done lol :-d

Ummmmm rollcage with a Mk1 wraped round it..... 4+4 R3.3 turbo or rotrex I wish i was rich with a massive garage ha ha