Hill Climbing

My mate wanted to do hillclimbing in his, truth of the matter is, the VR6 without spending big££££s on it just isnt suitable, its too lazy and heavy to be competitive, there is one up here albeit a mk2 vr6 with a schrick etc and it struggles against 106 rallyes etc

But for a club event, that wouldnt matter, as we would be evenly matched.

will be interesting with my engine and gearbox combination in the mk2 though.

Not really looking to do it at a competative level, but to bring a bit of fun back to owning the VR as opposed to just staring at it on a stand, like I have been doing for some years now.

To be fair Ingham, my VR is not set up for track use but as a rule, the VR is not renowned for its agile cornering ability. I'd say a Standard Pug 205 1.9 would be a much more effective hillclimbing weapon than a VR6 any day of the week.

I.E

Or a well driven Westfield

Under 1 minute in a road legal car up there is pretty quick, even well set up Westfields are still in the 60's. I just don't see the VR being competitive, it wasn't designed for it and you wont find many in the paddocks of any hill climb events. Good fun though none the less, be a great day out.

I actually had my coilovers adjusted before I went the ring, as the car was too low (didnt make much difference with my situation though hehe)

Dont get me wrong, I love the shows, meeting people, talking, but I think there's alot more that I can do with my new VR, its far from any show condition currently, so why not have some fun with it. hey, if i write it, it only cost me 500 quid anyway!

That said, I will contact the venue and see what the crack is, would be cool get some mag coverage and the likes. somet different than going a show or a rolling road days.

Pete

"I just don't see the VR being competitive"

you dont get the point

its not about being competitive its about having fun in a car you already have

Well said. I'll be up for it one day. I am i right in thinking its not far from me, Brum Sutton Coldfield?

If theres lots of VRs there then you can be competitive againt each other!!!!

How about turning it the other way round and going down hill. With the added weight of the VR we be at an advantage lol, Never found mine to understear. Turn in was always good, back end abit twitchy if anythink. Unless im getting confused about understear

the thing i regretted the most when I had my 5 pence moment at the 'ring (does that sound crude? lol) was that I never really enjoyed it as much as i should, I want to try new things with it, doesnt matter if it brakes, as its no longer my every day car, and it practically owes me nothing now!