What Do you do to make your car so shiney???

Okay Peeps,

I've noticed some of you people obtain what I'd term a watery Shine, Not poor by any stretch of the imagination, but rather more "mirror" shiney, so much so that the surface looks almost like water, it's generally more noticable on dark cars than light...

My problem therefore is this, I'm trying to obtain the same shine on my dads Indigo Blue Bora. I've seen it on another Bora on the same colour but I can't seem to get the same Sheen... I've used Autoglym Silicone Resin Polish followed by Extra Gloss, I've tried Meguiars with worse results, and Zymol doesn't seem to crack it either... so what do you guys do thats different from me to obtain that **Bling** Bling** Sheen???

Its all down to how much effort you want to put in :! - not so much what you use....

A common problem is laying to much polish on the surface and therefore making your life difficult removing said copious amounts of polish - usually leaving swirl marks as the buffing cloth becomes coated in a layer of fresh polish - keep rotating the cloth so as to keep a clean area when buffing off.

I also use a machine polisher - makes removal of polish very easy 8o)

I use Zymol with excellent results :P

Pete.

What you need is 'Colour Magic' I swear by it. Again like pete says, Its all in the elbow grease. Put the polish on with a damp cloth, let it dry and buff off with a lint free cloth. Job done!! Twice a month if your a little inthusiastic, if your me, once a week!!!

I find zymol plishing wax to be pretty good, although if the finish has been neglected for a long time you may need to do more. Ive heard people talking about clay bars (?) being excellent in restoring a finish, i find metallic t-cut to be pretty good also.

are you comparing photos to your dads bora? because they can be flattering! being a bora it must be fairly new so shouldnt need more than a good polish with zymol to bring up the shine.... although Ive found zymol a bit dusty and actually prefer colour magic on mine

what you need to do is get zymol hd cleanser which will remone any harsh deposits and any existing polish, with hd cleanse it will bring it to a smooth finish then apply a decent polish preferably zymol. you should achieve your bling bling shine that you want.

or on the other hand give it a clay bar treatment from meguiars.

[ Edited Sun Aug 29 2004, 10:51PM ]

KacyCab.jpg

i think this is a lovely pic of my cabbie yes its indoors and the lighting tend to make them look better but I use a trade product called trade perfect my b/f gets it from is motor factors is a very well priced product and use can use it in sunlight and it has a low chalk content which means a low risk of nasty white marks on the trim :-)

And i do agree with Tandino is is all about the effort you put in to a car I can get my car washed and waxed in about an hour but to do it perfectly and get the car in outstanding condition I've been known to take over 6 hours working on it !amazed the cabbie poic was taken after I used four coats of polish lots of other products for trim wheels interior etc but I'm sure you would agree that all the effort is worth it for and really shiney end resault :)

[ Edited Mon Sep 06 2004, 01:31PM ]

[ Edited Mon Sep 06 2004, 01:37PM ]

You certainly seemed to be pretty speedy/effecient with the polishing cloth on the Sunday morning 8o) .

Even more amazing after the hungover look on your face when you emerged from the tent less than an hour earlier :o:P .

Still at least you didnt have to contend with puke outside your tent eh :! (thats another story :! )...

Pete.

You certainly seemed to be pretty speedy/effecient with the polishing cloth on the Sunday morning 8o) .

Even more amazing after the hungover look on your face when you emerged from the tent less than an hour earlier :o:P .

Still at least you didnt have to contend with puke outside your tent eh :! (thats another story :! )...

Pete.

PMSL humm yes whats that zombi horro film "land of the living dead" or somthing like that I bet I done a great impression of that :D Mind you i think it was the lack of sleep not the amount of drink which made me like that B);)

Ive found Meguiars to be the best product on my car but do still use colour magic on stone chip's and scratches.....as every one has said its all down to the amount of effort your prepared to put in and technique playes a big part imo....what sort of meguiars pollish did you use out of interest as there are various types :)DSC017521.jpgmeguires0101.jpgdafydd07.jpg