Double Standards

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol it cracks me up reading the same shit on here about the force! Why do people have such a problem with police??? Bet none of the whingers have a problem with the police next time you look out your window and see chavs making off with your motor!!

There's an example of double standards!!!!

i dont think ppl have a problem with the police, its the hypocrisy. when u see a police-officer doing something that they would arrest a member of the public for, it really puts a divide between the police and the public, showing one rule for us and another for them (its not a good thing for the police either, the police service would get a lot more respect if they didnt have those kind of officers.)

i had a peugeot 205 1.9 and when it was nicked i told the rozzers on the phone and the bloke at the other end just laughed at me !!....."Oh we get loads of them stolen......"...........i got his number made a complaint and he apologised to me in person ........t#at.............. :-p

i had a peugeot 205 1.9 and when it was nicked i told the rozzers on the phone and the bloke at the other end just laughed at me !!....."Oh we get loads of them stolen......"...........i got his number made a complaint and he apologised to me in person ........t#at.............. :-p

A pug 205 i wouldnt av reported it id leave the keys in the ignition and a can of petrol in the footwell lol

^ Very brave......Prehaps you could "have a go" see how i shape up compared to "Hong Kong police" next time were at a show?' date=' i like watching peoples phlegm (correctly spelt).......................anyway

Kerry if they werent "going" somewhere, then the speed isnt allowed, not every urgent call is blue lights, the police driver has to justify their own actions, they may have been going to an incident in the police cells? or something else was going down? who knows, not making excuses but thats why so many judgments are made about the police, because noone knows what they get upto a lot of the time, for operational and data protection reasons, the "public" often make their own colclusions, or............they could have just been racing to go home.............hey were all human!!!

[/quote']

I knew my opinion would offend but it was kind of meant in a light hearted way. Due to the fact that this obviously has provocked aggression i would like to say sorry for upsetting people. Now that the aggresion has been turned towards me and requesting i should have a pop at them at a show. Due to the fact that i take my family to shows i dont want them exposed to violence involving me. I would like to formally retract my membership to the forum and i will not be turning up at any shows with my family.

Take care David, hope the hip is ok. Nice to have met you Donna,Mark and Nigel.

I am the only VR6 owner in Molesworth,Cambridgeshire so if any one ever wants to say hi your more than welcome or in this case not say hi, but after your aggresion has faded we could always have the craic over a beer.

^ Very brave......Prehaps you could "have a go" see how i shape up compared to "Hong Kong police" next time were at a show?' date=' i like watching peoples phlegm (correctly spelt).......................anyway

Kerry if they werent "going" somewhere, then the speed isnt allowed, not every urgent call is blue lights, the police driver has to justify their own actions, they may have been going to an incident in the police cells? or something else was going down? who knows, not making excuses but thats why so many judgments are made about the police, because noone knows what they get upto a lot of the time, for operational and data protection reasons, the "public" often make their own colclusions, or............they could have just been racing to go home.............hey were all human!!!

[/quote']

I knew my opinion would offend but it was kind of meant in a light hearted way. Due to the fact that this obviously has provocked aggression i would like to say sorry for upsetting people. Now that the aggresion has been turned towards me and requesting i should have a pop at them at a show. Due to the fact that i take my family to shows i dont want them exposed to violence involving me. I would like to formally retract my membership to the forum and i will not be turning up at any shows with my family.

I am the only VR6 owner in Molesworth,Cambridgeshire so if any one ever wants to say hi your more than welcome or in this case not say hi, but after your aggresion has faded we could always have the craic over a beer.

what you are not serious , if everyone had the same opionion then the world would be very dull and debate wouldnt exhist dont disappear due to a knee jerk reaction i get into trouble sometimes cos im very opioniated at times i just no longer express cos i cant debate and dont have the comebacks to win a mild arguement

waht about that copper in the paper who cot courght speeding on the motorway got off for " testing the vehicles speed" wat a wanker the thw ambo driver delivering organs with blues on gettina a ticket from a speed trap ive followed loads of coppers and read their speed being well over with no blues on wtf, and an off duty copper with a vr giving it some in town so justify those actions imo its down to shades of gray im not ranting but theres something to think about. on the other hand i was over the speed a little and a copper let me off 2ce 2nd time with a bit of a bolloking

Sean don't be so daft......Nick (PHM) is one of the most mild manered people around. Its just that so many people have a go at the police all the time, fair enough a lot is justifiable, Nick loves the job he does and you gotta have respect for him for doing it. trust me if you met him at a show you would enjoy every minute of it, Nick tells you exactly what he means and its so refreshing in this day and age when people dont say what they feel or think

Take care David' date=' hope the hip is ok. Nice to have met you Donna,Mark and Nigel.

[/quote']

I don't think it's needed for you to retract membership and not turn up to shows :-(

Claiming that all coppers should be subjected to a beating was never really going to go down well. I probably would have replied in much the same manner as Nick, if not worse.

You have already apologised, claiming it was light hearted and I am sure everyone will be happy with it :-)

If everyone had the same opinions on everything the world would be a boring place ! We just have to know when and how much of our opinions we share in public :-)

I still hope to see ypu at more shows, as it would be good to get to know you more than I currently have done.

Mark.

i dont think ppl have a problem with the police' date=' its the hypocrisy.

[/quote']

Yeah but Hypcracy is a double edged sword..........you cant slate the WHOLE police forces of England and Wales just because of one incident,

and is it not Hypocracy that when you last got away with something...speeding for instance and DIDNT get caught? or when you got let off of something? or when you asked for help?

the public treat the police like prostitutes, they are good when you want something or they sort something out for you, the rest of the time they are just slags :)

[/quote']

Dont be so daft!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was meant in the same way as you intended! its those sort of comments though "the police need a kicking" that really dont help public opinion.............prehaps more carefully chosen words would have got a different response? i obviously didnt mean it litteraly!! and as Craig kindly chipped in ;) im in no way ever overtly aggresive to anyone, i respect everyone has a input and opinion, but some are expressed the wrong way maybe? no ones perfect.......

i do my job and end up on the end of or get involved in violent encounters nearly every shift, so its one of those subjects that is immotive, having someone try to stab you or smack you up the snot locker while your doing your job is not only distracting but down right dangerous and could ruin my my good looks ;)

i dont think ppl have a problem with the police' date=' its the hypocrisy.

[/quote']

Yeah but Hypcracy is a double edged sword..........you cant slate the WHOLE police forces of England and Wales just because of one incident,

and is it not Hypocracy that when you last got away with something...speeding for instance and DIDNT get caught? or when you got let off of something? or when you asked for help?

the public treat the police like prostitutes, they are good when you want something or they sort something out for you, the rest of the time they are just slags :)

im not slating the whole police force, thats why i made the point that the police would be better off without certain officers who do this kind of thing.

as for it being hypocrisy when i speed??? i am not being paid to uphold the law, and i dont punish others for doing the very thing that i do....

every police officer is an individual, given the same training, the same law to work with, how that officer deals or uses those laws is entirely down to their individual judgement, just because one is steadfast and to the letter dont mean they are not a good copper, you just might not like the end result! on the second part, so you dont have to be a responsible person because your not paid to be........i gotcha....now that is a double sttandard in my book!

then why buy a car thats capable of more than twice the legal limit?................the world is full of hypocrasy...........good coppers are worth thier weight in gold, i know a lot of coppers in my area (dont ask me why) and most of them are decent people, but where human beings are involved there is always going to be good and bad people, whether its the police or any other job...............lets hope PHM that your one of the good ones...................... :-p

there only human too so can fall into traits themselves if they had a bad day for example good cop bad cop good motorist bad motorist not every driver on the road is responsible and need keeping in line to protect the good motorist pretty much as said above

Well quite a little debate you have started off here Kerry :) Spelling - The Police - Speeding - people leaving the site !!!! Ollie can't you think of some way to keep her occupied ;)

Well for what it's worth - here is my 2p !!! The Police are exactly the same as every other industry in terms of you are always going to get good and bad employies. However the Police because of the job that they do are more in the public eye and are therfore vilified more when they do something wrong. I have worked in the restaurant / service industry for 13 years now and in that time could tell you things my colleagues have done that would make a little bit of speeding seem trivial ;) the thing to remember is that the Police are not above the law and they are often punished for there actions however as far as the papers are concerned "Copper gets let off for drink driving" is a much better story than "Copper sacked for speeding" !!!

I think that on the whole in an incredibly stressfull, difficult and often dangerous profession they do a fine job.

then why buy a car thats capable of more than twice the legal limit?................

and your point being? by that statement you are suggesting that if a police officer decides they want a nice spec or powerfull car that is capable of high speeds rather than a mundane boring car, that is that not allowed then???? if i can afford it I buy it simple as that, be that a porsche or any other fast car, nearly every car on the road can break the speed limit in a given situation!!

you cannot suggest that because of a particular job someone does they shouldnt have a powerfull car surely? thats called communism! or jelousy?

responsible people drive responsibly, powerfull cars as with insipid ones need to be driven with thought and driver skill, and consideration for other road users safety

or maybe i will just nip out and by a micra with a 29mph speed limiter fitted as standard, thats sure to make me safer on the roads