How high is your insurance?

Guest TJ604

I've been shopping around for insurance and i'm just wondering what other people are paying.. I'm a 19 year old single male with no previous insurance and my quote came out to around 410 a month anyone elses that high? I heard VW where suposed to be pretty cheap insurance wise, But that was just one quote.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking at his burmph on the left, he's from Washington, so I assume the 410 is in US$? in which case that's 205quid pcm and 2460 per year (aprox).

Personaly I'm a 36 year old duffer and therefore only have to pay HK$ 1,750 per year... which if you factor in the current exchange rate works out at 112 quid per year :)

Hmm, gonna have to have a word here next year.

10+Yrs NCB (protected), single female, 36 y.o. £450 p.a with the AA. I do have to have business miles on my policy though for the mileage I do for work so that bumps it up by £30-40 too.

HOWEVER...what are your EXCESSES like on those cheaper policies?

I saw some with up to £600 excess, whereas I pay more premium and only £120 excess.

looking at his burmph on the left' date=' he's from Washington, so I assume the 410 is in US$? in which case that's 205quid pcm and 2460 per year (aprox).

[/quote']

There's a washington in the UK fella - it's near newcastle oop norf

Your not wrong matey but i think this guy is from US. only reason being is he makes reference to his "VR6" but on his porfile info it states he drives a mk4: Mk4 GTI VR6 perhaps? more commonly known in the states.

looking at his burmph on the left' date=' he's from Washington, so I assume the 410 is in US$? in which case that's 205quid pcm and 2460 per year (aprox).

[/quote']

There's a washington in the UK fella - it's near newcastle oop norf

Your not wrong matey but i think this guy is from US. only reason being is he makes reference to his "VR6" but on his porfile info it states he drives a mk4: Mk4 GTI VR6 perhaps? more commonly known in the states.

Fair point :)

Hmm' date=' gonna have to have a word here next year.

10+Yrs NCB (protected), single female, 36 y.o. £450 p.a with the AA. I do have to have business miles on my policy though for the mileage I do for work so that bumps it up by £30-40 too.

I saw some with up to £600 excess, whereas I pay more premium and only £120 excess.

[/quote']

£200 excess no business miles though as I get the train... :) :S

10years ncb, 3points, 10k limited milage on both cars, cars on driveway £320 for my corrado 16v fully comp, protected no claims, and £350 for the corrado vr6 fully comp, with my parents as named drivers (it was only going to be a runaround)

Hmm' date=' gonna have to have a word here next year.

[/quote']

your payin more than me, and i started the policy at 25..and half your ncb... :S