Nurburgring March 2008 (Easter)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys! Saw a few of you yesterday!! You should of spotted me at the Karussell! I was hard to miss!!

The photos will be online later at www.nurpics.com

Shame about the snow today but there isn't anything you can do about that.. If you are stuck for something to do you could always pop round to nurburgmotorsport.com about 1400hrs. Its their opening weekend and they have a VLN race car (can win a lap) and a couple of other race cars etc Food and drinks too Something to see and break up the day! Directions are on the site! Very easy to find and close to the ring in Quiddlebach.

Might see some of you there!!

Have fun

the track looked open yestareday

it was, and in the afternoon it was even dry. Sorry to say it but you missed out.

The drive back was just as bad though with repeated snow showers and even a couple of what I would call blizzards. Glad to hear you all got back safe. We weren't so lucky... Martin and Sal are stuck at the start of the M4 as Mart's serpentine belt / tensioner has seized so it's overheating. And CowpatMatt and his brother went there own way, because we where all too slow, and on a detour through Holland got caught doing 130Mph. Car got impounded and they are still there waiting to go to court tomorrow afternoon. Looking at a 1000E fine at least!!!

the track looked open yestareday

We weren't so lucky... Martin and Sal are stuck at the start of the M4 as Mart's serpentine belt / tensioner has seized so it's overheating. And CowpatMatt and his brother went there own way' date=' because we where all too slow, and on a detour through Holland got caught doing 130Mph. Car got impounded and they are still there waiting to go to court tomorrow afternoon. Looking at a 1000E fine at least!!!

[/quote']

130 mph in Holland, expensive lesson there.

Poor Sal and Martin at least it was in this country but annoying on the home straight....

Shame the campers couldn't have stayed longer but it was so cold and I don't blame them!! Sunday afternoon was brilliant! Definately want to go again but in warmer conditions, great to meet some new people and catch up with old faces, good fun with radios too! :-d

Matt didn't sound too happy when he called to let us know about his run in with the undercover motor bike! They were told if they'd got caught in Belgium the car would have been crushed! With a 1500E release fee and fine on top for speeding he can easily have bought another VR!

Igham> did you stay in the ringhaus?

Sh!t that snow looks awful....

yes i got a room at the ring haus was 210e but worth it

the weather was awful and then some. the first night i camped it was so bad i went and begged the ring haus for a room at 8am

Anyway I would like to say a big big thank you to both Jim and Nigel for there sterling work in getting everyone across Europe together - was an almost impossible job and was done brilliantly :) the banter on the radios was pure class ;)

I had a really good laugh with everyone on the trip and the spirit in the campsite despite about 2 foot of snow was upbeat and really good fun - it was a real shame about the weather but there is nothing we could do about it. I am glad the hotel group managed to get some track time and it looks like you all really enjoyed yourselves.

I'm very relieved that nothing as drastic happened this time, as it did on the last trip.

the weather has looked appalling, in a way, im glad I missed out on this, as I was camping, so roll on the July trip.

off get my car booked in to get arches rolled now. laters .

Pete