VR6Pete's Crashed VR6 Donation Thread

Hiya

As you know my VR6 is currently resting in piece(s) over at the 'ring.

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1176168878_2_FT148551_dsc00507.jpg]1176168878_2_FT148551_dsc00507_.jpg[/lightbox]

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1176168878_2_FT148551_dsc00511.jpg]1176168878_2_FT148551_dsc00511_.jpg[/lightbox]

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1176168878_2_FT148551_dsc00512.jpg]1176168878_2_FT148551_dsc00512_.jpg[/lightbox]

Worst case scenario is that the car gets written off, but I don't get a penny from the insurance, which is pretty likely tbh. If I then get the opportunity to reclaim the vehicle, I have to then pay to get it shipped over to the UK - hopefully I can get something sorted with lizard logistics from the northloop website to pick up my VR6 along with another one at the same time, which should reduce the cost.

Phase 1 will involve getting my VR6 back from Germany - Once I have it back, I can then strip it and see whats scrap and whats not.

Phase 2 - Acquire a new Golf VR6 (R reg so I can keep my private plate) then I can start to build up a new VR6.

All donations and contributions to help me get a VR6 back on the road will be greatly appreciated.

pixel.gif

Thanks to:

virgin

Paul1982

jim potter

craggsy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make the post a sticky mate?

Done.

I'm afraid my £15 has been donated to Ben Lovejoy for providing the information and suggestions without which it would all have got very, very nasty.

But I whole heartedly encourage all other members to donate to Pete's cause. Just consider the amount of time and garage bills his forum has saved you.

TG

Having never crashed on the 'ring before I don't know how it will unfold.

Technically it's just a "de-restricted public toll road" that I was taking a tourist lap. but on the other hand, the insurance people might not see it that way.

I always prepare for the worst though :)

See you at the 'pod next week in my new set of wheels ;)

Good news.

My recovery people have agreed repatriation of my car under my breakdown policy.

I'm off to buy a Fiat Grande tonight (yea yea i know) to get me from A - B as well as using it for a 2nd car to get to work and back as opposed to using the VR6.

Pete

Good news.

My recovery people have agreed repatriation of my car under my breakdown policy.

I'm off to buy a Fiat Grande tonight (yea yea i know) to get me from A - B as well as using it for a 2nd car to get to work and back as opposed to using the VR6.

Pete

That is good of them. From reading the Northloop site, even with Lizard picking up the other Nigels other green Golf at the same time, it sounded like it would have come to the thick end of £1k

Get it in writing though in case they try to change their minds once an assesor has seen it.

I guess you don't know but Flying Ant used to be in the business. He gave Donna lots of good advice about how to deal with insurance companies during our local meets.

The car will be stripped and scrapped once it's back, my insurance says it will be between 10 - 14 days.

I'm now the proud owner of a brand new Fiat Grande 64BHP ...

I've been meaning to get a 2nd car to take me work as It was costing over £100 a week in petrol alone.

Pete