Hi guys any ideas???

just bought some brand new 40mm lowering springs off ebay for my 97 golf vr6,i fitted them to some pi shocks also brand new, when i lowered the car to the ground the back sits just nice on top of the tyre (15 inch wheels)but the front is far to low the engine sump is two inchs from the ground making it virtulary undrivable,anyone got any ideas on what the problem is?

thanks in advance

Something is not right there.

40mm drop is not to much, your sump would be noehwere near the ground.

I would get back in touch with them, but to me it sounds as though the front springs are way to soft for the VR engine. Is there much Bounce in the springs at the front ?

Mark.

i think i have been done,emailed the company four days ago but no response,there is no bounce at all on the front springs and the bottom three coils are fully compresed when on the ground,a lesson to be learned here guys!!!!!!!!! i have put the standard springs on for now with the new shocks,rides nice but a bit high.

Did you pay with a credit card? You will definitely get your money back if you paid this way.. although I doubt you can pay with credit card as it is Ebay. Paypal and Ebay aren't very good when it comes to recouping money - they've been on watchdog quite a few times. But well worth a try and phone up Paypal to speak to someone. You may get through to a professional person there who will sort your case out and get you your money back. Does sound as though you have the wrong springs. GTI springs wont fit a VR as mentioned above because the engine is slightly heavier in the VR.

i rang paypall explained all the circumstances, not very helpfull to be honest, still no reply from the company i bought them off (worldofperformance)so be aware if you see them on ebay,but i fitted the springs onto a mates gti and they fit a treat,and it sits just at a drivable height,my mates impresed and i sold them for £50 so i lost £12 p&p, not to worry, thanx all!!

Nice one Jon. Glad you got your money back.. in one way or another. Ebay is good for a lot of things but still risky. Gmax do a 35/40mm lowering kit (but more like 45mm), shocks and springs and they make the VR look and ride perfectly..all for £200, guaranteed for 3 years and have gas shocks as opposed to oil based so they last longer. The Phirm recommend them and I've found them to be spot on. Big improvement over standard ride height and with a vr6 deep front spoiler. You wouldn't want it any lower but its not too lower so its still very practical..looks perfect.

I have lowering spring on my car and will be uprating the suspension to coilovers very soon. If ever near the Cardiff area your more than welcome to have them. They are spax ones i think and 40mm lowered.... have a look at my car in members rides and you will see the ride high they give you.

I have lowering spring on my car and will be uprating the suspension to coilovers very soon. If ever near the Cardiff area your more than welcome to have them. They are spax ones i think and 40mm lowered.... have a look at my car in members rides and you will see the ride high they give you.