hiya folks, don't think i've done a thread for my car yet (im a lurker, visit every day but dont do alot of posting, i'm leeching all your knowledge hehe)

here's my highline, 77k, bought her with 68k around 5 months ago, she just had some koni's on when i got her so i've done a fair bit already.

to come is removal of door strips, smoothed bumpers and boot (keeping plate recess though) some H&Rs when i get round to it and then a charger :)

let me know what you think?

DSCN0534.jpg

DSCN0535.jpg

DSCN0536.jpg

DSCN0541.jpg

DSCN0542.jpg

Cheers J :)

i sometimes think it looks a little too black (mostly at night) i mopped and pc'd the hell outta it when i bought it, the paint wasnt the best...but now in the daytime/sun you can see the paint popping, thats when it doesnt look too black :)

dunno if you can tell in the pics, i bought a brand new splitter for midland VW...it was fairly over priced compared to ebay but i was there and it was sat on the shelf so i paid up....only thing is, its always bent back, toward the back of the car if that makes sense, anyone else had this?

i'll probly end up buyin a cheapo one off ebay!

Very nice looking car m8 :-)

Can see lots has gone into it.

When you say for your plans you want to remove the side strips, I hope you realise how much work is involved ;-)

It's probably one of the biggest and hardest jobs to do and will cost a monstor amount of money to get done properly. It's something I looked into when I was doing my car and is currently the only thing on my car which is not smoothed due to the cost that would be involved. I also wanted the rain gutters smoothing but again it's a similar type job as the sides, in fact maybe a bit easier as with the sides of the car you would have to mould the sides to get the right lines and curves.....

If you do decide to go ahead with it, would be great to see a step by step photo guide if possible of the work in progress as it would be interesting :-)

All in all very nice looking car :-)

Mark.

ill most likely be handin over cash to have it done, when you had a quote to get it done, what method did they say they would use? aslong as I get a quote less than 1to do the door strips, bumpers an gutters ill go for it, if not ill spend the money on the engine!

I've already had the arches rolled, but gonna need more work when I put coilies on cus I wanna go stupid low :) I'd love some mk4 arches on it but then I've gotta think about how much i'd be spending on a 10year old car!

Well look at it this way.....

To properly smooth a front and rear bumper using plastic welding etc... you need to set aside between £500-600.

I can't imagin the cost of removing all the door strips. It would need to be welded over with plating first to stop the recess from sinking and then the filler would need to be added to the top of that and sculpted to recreate the lines of the car. ;-)

A rough guide would be anything that is metal needs to be replaced with metal and anything plastic needs to be welded with more plastic and then fibreglassed to strength.

On my car I have.....

Smoothed front and rear bumper, removed side repeaters, removed washer jets, removed roof ariel, removed rear bade, removed rear seems, removed rear wiper and a full respray on top of that.

Everything has been done with preoper welding or plastic and have spent coming up to £3,000 !

But I have no sinkage, no cracking etc....

I would love to remove my side strips and rain gutters but the price would be enormous !

Mark.

alright shaun cars looking good. iv had one of the front splitters from mid vw and it fitted alot better than the ebay ones wich were terrible!

on the side strips i know a place in cannock (by the scrap yard) that will do it for 300 a side wich iv been told is very good. also there cheap for bumpers ect.

Well I am saying it's a very good price, but for the work that's involved I would be vary wary of the quality of the work done.

It's an incredible amount of work to be undertaken.

For a start the whole side of the car on each side would need to be resprayed. For a good job I would expect to spend at least £600 if not more for that alone.

It's a very true saying that you only get what you pay for in life and bodywork is no different.

Something a simple as removing a rear badge from the tailgate is more work than people realise. Take alook at the many, many cars that have taken the cheap option and you will see that it has started to sink and you can see the faint rings of where the badge used to be.

All boils down to how picky you are and how long you want it to last. :-)

Mark.

ive got a shop somewhere of it smoothed at it looks rather tasty :D i'm fortnate, i've a friend of a friend thats very well priced an does top work - i've had a few things sprayed by him like my grille, skirts and rear valance and the colour match is spot on! so hopefully it wont cost me the earth to get the body work done to a high standard!

with regards the mk4 look lights - theyre not mate, they're celis angels, not many places have them anymore!

another thing i'll be getting done it the side repeaters removed :)

wow that looks smooth operator dude!! dribble! good effort! love those wheels to :)

Is that a milltek exhaust? if it is does it sound delicious??

When my vr is back on the road that's what I want to get, just after some feedback really!

cheers and again good effort!!

fatboy :D

cheers dude :)

yeah its a milltek...with the cat on it was pretty quiet, then within a week i had it de-catted, didnt make it much louder to be honest, i think thats the case with most milltek's, they just make a nice sound rather than deafen you :)

Well I am saying it's a very good price' date=' but for the work that's involved I would be vary wary of the quality of the work done.

It's an incredible amount of work to be undertaken.

For a start the whole side of the car on each side would need to be resprayed. For a good job I would expect to spend at least £600 if not more for that alone.

It's a very true saying that you only get what you pay for in life and bodywork is no different.

Something a simple as removing a rear badge from the tailgate is more work than people realise. Take alook at the many, many cars that have taken the cheap option and you will see that it has started to sink and you can see the faint rings of where the badge used to be.

All boils down to how picky you are and how long you want it to last. :-)

Mark.

[/quote']

i think they meant 300 per side while havin a full respray.