Jk's VR6 Journal (Maintenance and Plymouth Volksfest pics 28/5/08)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

After a very quiet Winter, hopefully the VR will start to take shape again.

Being used as a daily through all weathers the poor thing is looking a bit worse for wear @ the moment.

I have in mind a set of coilovers, new front indicators, some spraying and maybe some retrimming or chrome engine goodies.

Its been hard trying to keep the wheels shinny over the winter though, but they dont look to bad TBH.

DSC00307.jpg

• 1 month later...

21/3/08

After having two new Falken's fitted last week £108, and having the car successfully go through the MOT this week i decided to treat myself for my birthday which is on Sunday 30th.

So i have purchased the following:

- Polished VR6 sill kick plates

- Polished Strut caps

- Polished bonnet struts

- Polished front strut brace

- Polished rear strut brace

- New Crystal fogs and indicators

Hopefully by the end of the week i should have some coilovers on there way, and a polished battery cover. (h)

Oh, and i have to pay for my tax on Sat too! :-(

Will post some pics when everything begins to get fitted. Not fitting the kick plates though until ive had some spraying done early april.

Just like to say a big thanks to Absy in advance! :-p

So, watch this space for more updates soon. ;)

Basically for non-forced induction i would say they are the induction kit to go for, I know many people that have them. If you want forced air induction then the BMC CDA is the way forward. Hope this helps, and thanks for the comments.

• 2 weeks later...

Some recent pics from the TSR rolling road day. I have fitted some polished lifters and strut caps. Was supposed to have front and rear strut braces fitted to but i was sent mk2 golf stuff! :@

DSC00355.jpg

DSC00379.jpg

DSC00376.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

Just fitted my coilovers too, havent gone stupid low yet as im waiting to have the arches rolled. I will get some pics up when i take some! :P

Oh, a massive thanks to ABSY for taking the near on 5 hours to get them almost spot on, along with my rear strut brace!

Well, it wasnt quite straight forward and anyone that knows Gary knows that he believes that if a jobs worth doing, its worth doing well. You have to remember we did fit a rear strut brace too. Once everything had been fitted, we had to test it for rubbing etc, then adjust according. The only thing thats needs doing now is the rear needs lowering a bit more.

Good to meet you yesterday jk! car was looking shiny shiny! especially the wheels!

coilover fitting went ok then, thats good to here!

and my car has snuck in on a couple of those pics, woohoo! lol

Good to meet you yesterday jk! car was looking shiny shiny! especially the wheels!

coilover fitting went ok then' date=' thats good to here!

and my car has snuck in on a couple of those pics, woohoo! lol

[/quote']

Check out the TSR pics in the photo's section Aimee as theres a few of yours in there.

Was good to meet you too, put a few forum names to faces. Definately prefer the D90's to those Audi rims in your sig. ;)

o rright ive got you now so its just getting it to how you want it then, i suppose you have got to get it perfect tho really else it will only look half arsed. i should be getting my coilovers soon so it sounds like i will have hours of fun messing with them :)