help me please ..car wont run

last night my car just died on me. tried 2 start it and it starts then dies. checked all wires to see if anythink was loose or broke but no. kept turning the key on and off and got it 2 start. got home turned of and same again wont go. do the key on of few times and it goes. went to my bro in laws workshop 2 day 2 put on vag com but wont comunicate with ecu. had all ecu off , checked all wires , fuses , relays but all seems ok. after tried to start it starts then dies again. try 2 do the key on and off again but now wont keep goin at all. please can some 1 help me as its really getting to me. soz for the long post. stu (ps have tries a search 2 see if any 1 else has had this but cnt find anythink. )

maybe relucter ring around the ignition switch, or the ign switch itself, as that what mine as doing, would start sometimes then not other's, try puting a bit of pressure on the switch and giving it a turn. i ended up replacing the key and switch, and glueing the immobiser chip out of the key to the ring in the steering coloum, makes life easier if i have any problems in the future.

hth jim

if it runs for a sec then dies mate i would say def immob coz thats what happens when we order keys' date='before the key is coded,it will start the car but the car cuts out straight away

[/quote']

this is exactly what its doin.

jim i will try what you said and see what happens.