Could somebody please help with this problem. I replaced the drivers side electric window motor and regulator. Everything is working great except the one touch closing has stopped working. It goes down with one touch but not back up - you have to keep your finger on the button. I remember reading somwhere that they need reprogramming if they are disconnected. How do I do this? Cheers guys.

If I close the door and hold the key everything closes. I don't think it should need to be plugged in to sort this out; it just goes to show that the dealer is more than happy to charge for something that does not need doing. I spoke to my local VW independent and he said he had a few cars with similar problems after disconnecting power to the motor.

Try this.

Turn the key to unlock the car and hold it there until all the windows and suroof open. Don't take the key and lock the doors and hold it until all the windows and sunroof close.

Then try the window switch for the touch to go down and up.

There was some info on this on another forum, i'll try and dig it out for you.

Well I tried closing all the windows from the PASSENGER side and they all did! I think I know the problem now, there's more than likely a switch in the drivers door that's fecked I think, plus the lock on the drivers side is fairly stiff, so I'm thinking I'll need to whip the door card off and have a butchers.....

mine does! didnt know it did that! cheers sanky

And there you was going to sell the poor girl ;) you hardly even know her :)

;) change of plan now sanks, gonna do some buying over the winter and lavish some goodies on her ;) gonna keep her a while longer and pamper her! headed for new BBS rims.....bonnet painted as it has some minor chips and get the AC rad sorted, maybe different style exhaust back box.....got the dosh so might as well put it to good use!

• 2 weeks later...

I had this, it was the finger trap sensor, just needed to properly clean the windows and the runners that it sits in, also little bit of mr sheen down the runner aswell after id rubbed one of those little candles you get on birthday cakes up and down it, sorted it out