Hiring Bruntinghthorpe - dead cheap!

Got chatting to one of the directors at my work today - he's a real petrol head.

He was a Brunters last week with two of his mates - they hired the whole Bruntingthorpe circuit for........£30 per car per hour! And as it's per car - and not per person, you can have as many drivers per car as you want (if you're really kind/mad!)

That's bloody cheap! You can play on the bends or just max out on the 2 mile straight. OK so it's not a real race track, but if you want to have some safe fun - it's a really wide track - it's got to be worth a look? It's just off Jn 20 M1 - so it's pretty central and easily accessible for all.

Anyone up for some? If there's enough of us, I'll speak to him on Monday and get dates/prices etc.

Cheers

Mina

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone

Let me have a chat with the guy tomorrow to get the full info - ie max number of cars allowed / how long we can get the facility for etc.

Secondly - and no offence to those that have posted so far - but I really wanted this to be a VR6 day only - members and their own cars should be the priority. I have discussed with Pete and he agrees. The setup at Brunters is different as they charge per car and not a flat rate - so there is no minimum number of cars required.

Once I've confirmed how many cars we can bring and how many from our club are interested - then we can then all discuss on whether we should give places to non-members and how many. Whilst it is nice to see other cars - it can be harder for novices if they are having to constantly look in their mirrors for faster cars and therefore unable to get the most value from their individual track time.

What do you reckon everyone?

Cheers

Mina

LOL - seriously tho, you need quite a large difference in outright power to really blow something away in a straight line. It's on the corners where you can make a real difference - then it's purely down to the driver / lines / entry and exit speeds.

Even with the most powerful car, if you don't know what you're doing then a well-driven 1.0 Lupo would probably go past!!

Mina

i'll come....can i have a drive in the westie simey? ;)

No drivers I'm afraid but no probs for passengers.

Cool' date=' I'm up for it, specially if Simeys bringing the Westfield! I want to hear that thing![/quote']

Full chat @ 10500rpm is bloody noisy 8o)