Hiring Bruntinghthorpe - dead cheap!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

il be up it too' date=' are other cars invited too like audi's[/quote']

audi rs4 that is, and what a car, carl got 180 out of that in germany. !ill

shame we cant bring other cars, i would have loved to bring along my ol mans sl55 amg and just open up that charger, it would have been a good oppurtunity to run it in :(

ohwell lets hope the vr is back by then

i had a new engine built this year from grant motorsport all ready for inters but a couple days before, my sump hit something on the motorwat causing my engine to run dry. i was gutted as ii'd only done 700 miles with it. it's back with grant and it should be ready for festival.

the audi i was thinking of was my cousins, audi rs4 560bhp plus nitrous and it's sick. the sl55's are the ones to have, should be getting mine end of the year

Its quite funny where we live the SL500 is the rare beast as "everyone" has the AMG.

because the people around your area know they can only own the best, the sl65 amg is coming amongst the crowd now with a 6.0L v12 twin turbod lump in it !amazed , not much power difference between the turbo and the charger but its down to preference.

the audi i was thinking of was my cousins' date=' audi rs4 560bhp plus nitrous and it's sick. the sl55's are the ones to have, should be getting mine end of the year [/quote']

560 bhp plus nitrous, as if the damn things aint quick enough. must be a fun car to drive. ;)

get your matey to bring it to mania, like to see that thing go.

yeah its a big hoo haa between the rivalry. 20v turbs against the vr's, mind you the 20 valvers are running big boost....i hear your getting good figures out of your vr, wanna see that thing breath down a 20 valver :P;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bad news guys to actually do this we need public liability insurance covering upto £500,000 and + to hire the track is £4000 &| I was told they wont let us out at £50 per car per hour as they only do this for manufactures testing there cars on the track and there is no way we can go out with them :( The only other possible way is we try and go with the TT owners club who are trying to oprganise a day but still if we do that if we get 20 cars and they get 20 cars its still gonna be approximatley £100 per car. Personally if people are interested in that I'd rather organise the day at castle combe where in the week for £150 if we get 15 cars we can have the track to ourselves and have instructors come out with you.

Whats all your thoughts on this??????????????????????????

All I know is a few people I know went on the scoobyzone day and It cost them £150 each. It is in the week but if you can get 15 cars or over you can have the track to yourself. But with this day you get the instructors at your beck and call they'll take you round and then you can drive with them in your car :P. i can find out more info on this if people are interested in doing a day like it :-)

i might be up for this one if its a club day as i'm a liitle reluctant to spin my pride and joy round a track with lots of lax bowel idiots in tow! have seen it all to often at combe as a spectator and participant and its not pretty! would be an ideal opportunity to give mine a good pre-show-season thrash before it gets sold on though! get some prices up claire, i'm sure there'll be enough interest!