Stay away from Plume Tyre Company!

Went in today to get two new tyres fitted that I've got in my boot. Asked the guy how much to fit - he says £10-58 per wheel and he can do them straight away.

I ask the mechanic to swap the backs to the front at the same time. An hour later - I go to pay my bill......it's come to £38.

£10.58 is how much they charge for smaller wheels - it's £12.50 for larger wheels - that's eventhough he clearly saw me pull up in my car and walked past me. Oh and the quote was excluding VAT - like I can claim the VAT back. And they charged £4 per wheel to swap them to the front - this is even though the front ones were already off. Tried to complain but got fobbed off - he said he hadn't got time to listen to me. So I've contacted Trading Standards on the basis on non-disclosure of pricing structure and retraction from a verbally agreed contract (I studied Law at Uni). Trading standards are paying them a visit tomorrow - and I'm instigating legal proceedings - not for the money, but as a matter of principle.

Mina

fair play mina, its so rare to get good service these days, I know I've had some dreadful service lately, I had a wing damaged fitting a winscreen, bbs wheel centres nicked changing tyres and then serious paint damage to three doors when the full closure system kicked in and the garage thought they would try and get in themselves whilst having wheels alligned, give them hell...

Hand delivered my letter today and advised him that I will be sending a new one each week till it is resolved and that I would be increasing my claim by £5 for every week that passes for the inconvenience caused.

If that doesn't work, then I might have to get one of my mates from my Tae Kwon Do club to 'persuade' him......

Nice 1 - mina - power to the people!

I've been stung a couple of times. When i ask for quotes these days : "Is that the final price including everything" - they can't really go back on that - or can they?

Best thing to try and do is get a quote in writing, no chance of them going back on that