FAO those with German plates.

At some point this week im going to be ordering my German style plates from DUBWIESER what with the club discount etc...

However, i know these plates are supposed to be for show use only, but how many people actually use them day to day with or without trouble?

Also, should i get the D or the GB on them, i would rather have the D but am worried about being pulled with them on.

Any advice is welcome ;)

Have had mine since E38, no bother as yet! (touches wooden comp. desk)

And afaik the only slightly dodgy thing about 'em, is the "german" stickers, which you can remove any way.

The plates themselves are actually legal, as long as they are spaced correctly! It makes no differnce at all if you have a D band or a GB band.

Have had mine since E38' date=' no bother as yet! (touches wooden comp. desk)

And afaik the only slightly dodgy thing about 'em, is the "german" stickers, which you can remove any way.

The plates themselves are actually legal, as long as they are spaced correctly! It makes no differnce at all if you have a D band or a GB band.

[/quote']

i was under the impression there illgal?

so the D is a sticker? i thought that was embossed too

Ordered mine from dubmeister, arrived the next day! with club discount too.

I've been driving with mine on for years, but they are illigal to use in the UK.

Are these legal to use on the road in the UK?

No, we sell these strictly for show use, off public roads. We know they are used by many, but if you do it's entirely at your own risk.

You can have a £30.00 fine if stopped by Police, but no points on your license at time of writing. You can be made to not re use your car until normal plates are refitted, so make sure you keep them in the car boot at all times! Use of black/silver plates on post 1973 cars is not recomended, this is heavilly frowned on by the law, and if blatently obvious Ie: Golf Mk 4, it sticks out a mile!

All our plates are legal to use on the front of cars in the USA, where states do not require a front license plate, so it's purely decorative..

Used mine for ages with no problems. I keep my originals in the boot incase I get stopped.

They are illegal as plates have to have a BS mark on the, be made of reflectorised plastic and have the postcode of the people who made them.

hey guys i am sure this has been dicussed about 20 times.....THEY ARE ILLEGAL....due to the german font used and no embossed bs123a (i think thats the number?) & kite symbol on them, if you get the metal plates with the british style font dubweiser do then as long as the rear is yellow and reflective and the front is white and reflective then you should get no hassle and it may pass an mot (in theory but they dont have the BS kite mark on them so be carefull), if you use the german font with white front and back then it may be overlooked most of the time by police but be prepared to lose 30 tokens as you should or do know they are illegal, if you get caught for another offence the plates may get laid on you aswell, technically you could be fined for both non conforming plates, but usually you get warned for one and a £30 for the other, i personally followed a mint red G60 the other day and he had a white rear plate, only thought to stop him to chat about his car though ;) better things to do than hassle fellow dubbers :)

The thing is its nice to have slightly personalised plates so long as they are legible, just that some people insist on buying cheap cherished plates that make no sense unless you mess with the spacing and font and put a dozen screws in them to join the letters up. I can see why its illegal to have dodgy plates, but IMO, so long as the letters are a sensible font and the spacing is good, whats the problem with having the band on the left personalised? or the subscript personalised? or having a pink border?

Tis true though, gotta have BS stamp on it to be legal and pass MOT. Mate of mine had Velcro plates so he could MOT and in case he got hassle from P.H.M. and his traffic chums!

oh and found this info on DVLA..... plates have to be BS AU 145d, the characters have to be 89mm and be of the british recognised type face, it says on there if you fail to display it correctly they can withdraw your plate in extreme cases??????? what like if you make your number plate read B053 LAX ???? thats the plate i want for my R32 when i get it and its available from DVLA!!!! SO BOLAX to em! ;)