Vag Com Error - Idle Speed Adaptation Error

Ran Vag com just on the VR and got that error, what does it mean??

[blockquote]Address 01 -------------------------------------------------------

Controller: 021 906 256

Component: MOTRONIC M3.8.1 HS V02

Coding: 00000

Shop #: WSC 01317

1 Fault Found:

00533 - Idle Speed Regulation

14-10 - Adaptation Limit (Add) Exceeded - Intermittent[/blockquote]Readiness: N/A

I'm pretty sure this is what I had as an error when my MAF was on its way out. I was told that the ECU didnt know how much air was coming in and increased the fueling until it couldn't increase it further.

If it is your MAF, GSF do a refurbished one on exchange for £60ish.

Symptoms were stalling, stong smell of fuel, loss of power and a misfire.

• 1 month later...

Mine shows that code sometimes, as well as intermittent fault with maf + lambda probe fugged, I put it down to the cams upsetting the idle and the 6lb flywheel not helping matters.

I need to sort the maf and lambda probe so will be interesting to see if they cure the adaption code.

You have the later throttle body with stepper motor idle control instead of the separate idle control valve and if anyone mentions OBD2, it isn’t. Remove and thoroughly (but gently) clean the internals of the throttle body (paying particular attention to the spindle locations) with a soft brush and aerosol carb cleaner. After it has been re-fitted, turn the ignition on and go into engine 01, basic adjustment mode 04, group 098 and wait whilst the throttle body adapts to the ECU and wait for at least 15 seconds and then turn off the ignition and wait for another 15 seconds. When you restart the throttle body will be adapted and that fault code shouldn’t come back.

Here's what Ross Tech Say to do....

Procedure for performing a Throttle Body Alignment on Cable-Throttle Cars:

These are cars with a physical cable between the accelerator and the throttle, but WITHOUT an ISV.

Turn the key on but do not start the car.

[select]

[01 - Engine]

[Measuring Blocks - 08]

Group 098 (Note: Some SIMOS or Marelli ECU's use Group 001 such as ADY & AEE engines)

[Go!]

[switch to basic settings]

Once you do this you will see the top right display say ADP RUN. The TB adaptation is being done as soon as you switch to basic settings. You will see the values change and hear the TB cycle for the first few seconds then it will stop. Leave it in Basic Settings for about 30 seconds.

[switch to Meas. Blocks] button and you're all set.

Be sure not to touch the accelerator and make sure the engine is NOT running when you do this!

Here's what Ross Tech Say to do....

Procedure for performing a Throttle Body Alignment on Cable-Throttle Cars:

These are cars with a physical cable between the accelerator and the throttle' date=' but WITHOUT an ISV.

Turn the key on but do not start the car.

[select']

[01 - Engine]

[Measuring Blocks - 08]

Group 098 (Note: Some SIMOS or Marelli ECU's use Group 001 such as ADY & AEE engines)

[Go!]

[switch to basic settings]

Once you do this you will see the top right display say ADP RUN. The TB adaptation is being done as soon as you switch to basic settings. You will see the values change and hear the TB cycle for the first few seconds then it will stop. Leave it in Basic Settings for about 30 seconds.

[switch to Meas. Blocks] button and you're all set.

Be sure not to touch the accelerator and make sure the engine is NOT running when you do this!

Hi pete

that adaptation is for later generation dubs..ie Mk4 golf

Vr isnt done that way...

• 1 year later...