R32 engined mk2

i think thats the one that gave me the demonstration of his dump valve! m jacket was blowin back matrix style, and the suger off my doughnut was blowin in my face. felt like i put my head and shoulders out the sunroof at 140mph!!

amazing that was. charged r32 in a mk2, must b flippin rapid

yeah that nos instalation was so stealth you cdnt even tell it was there....i so want a r32 lump any one knw of where i can find one? (or a written of r32 for that matter) no silly prices

Although lots of R32's do get written off, working second hand engines for them are quite rare. VW, in their infinite wisdom, decided to fit the R32 with a cast aluminium alloy sump and in a front-end impact these often break, dump all the oil onto the road and leave the unlubricated engine tearing itself apart.

This is almost as clever as the plastic R32 inlet manifold which breaks into itty bitty pieces when it takes a hit.

It's almost like VW didn't want too many of these engines being fitted to mk2s!!!!

An otherwise complete R32 engine with a broken inlet manifold can be had for £1000-£1500, but replacing the manny will cost you over £800.

A completely mint R32 lump from a car that's been done in the back or the side will cost over £2000.

A complete set of R32 running gear, including brakes, suspension & 4WD system (a good option for you, Dubsingh!), all in good working order can set you back anything up to £3000. Even more if it's the Audi (260BHP) version!

• 1 month later...

Yes i was at E38, didn't get chance to lift the bonnet much, as it was alittle breezy (didn't really want a bent bonet for the drive home).. The car is still running like a dream, had a minor problem with the valve stem oil seals recently, it was blowing alittle white smoke out the back. Nothing that a head gasket and 24 valve stem oil seals didn't cured... I don't think it being parked up for weeks/months on end helps as it's not my daily drive. The engines has only covered 20k (16k in the MK2) with 8k running at 6psi of boost from the V9 supercharger. At the min the engine map (By Custom Code) is finally being finished off so hopefully it should be running even better soon.

There was another MK2 R32 at E38 with supercharger (Dark coloured car) Mmmm... It was him revving it all afternoon and showing of his dump valve, just not for me... Who needs a dump valve when the R32 sounds amazing anyway eh..

Both conversion are done differently, mine is full drive by wire (factory), his uses a cable throttle body and non factory ECU, both chargers are different, so would be good to get on a strip and find out which drives the best...