Back from remap at Stealth - CADGUY's results

Nothing wrong with your figures at all mate. As already said it is how it drives not what's on a bit of paper. That day when I was down at the phirm, same day you had your suspension fitted, Ian came back after test driving it and said my car was F*cking quick. That was before I had my cams fitted...my car has since had the cams fitted with a remap and now makes approx the same torque and has about 14 more bhp but Ian said it actually felt a bit slower higher up in the rev range than the last time he drove it ...even though on paper it had a fair bit more peak power. Personally I can hardly notice the difference..doesn't seem slower or quicker. Still v quick in general which is good for me! basically it comes down to how it feels on the road.

By the way I wouldn't bother with a full s/s exhaust... I did and my rolling road figures before and after showed virtually no increase at all..the stock system is very good. A full system does sound good though when you boot it!

imo its where in the rev range your car creates all its torque that determines how the car feels on the road. so realy in the vr's case, its above 4000rpm because when your racing, your nearly always above that anyway. the civic typeR that was previously mensioned, yes only creates 145lb, but where does it create it, probly at around 6000rpm where it counts as engines around that rev range when its racing.

so back to the point of how it feels on the road, if on paper, the torque figures higher, but @ the wrong place in the rev range (ie lower down) when your caining the car racing, it will be at higher revs so it may not feel all that much faster, BUT may be much nicer driveability wise round town.

please tell me if im not making any sense lol, i kno what im trying to say but iv just got in from a night out and my heads spinning...

komi

the ctr peakes at 5500 then tails off from there (the vtec helps it to tail of gradually not drop like a brick) a stock vr is 4500 peak torque the scheick gives peak torque at 3500 i loved mine when it got to 3k it was like small turbo realy was a big shove mine apparantly made 235 lb ft at 3500 then droped like a brick as it wasnt mapped ending up with 180 bhp lol (if the rr was to be beleived)

Great result. I was there (Grey Corrado on ramps) that day and the engine sounded a million times better after he mapped it.

Ah m8, didn't realise. should of said hello son. what was you having done/fixed?

Edit:- just saw your post mate. Good figures with the probs you had.

i agree,paper figures change from day to day,mine has a chip and filter,and has been rr'd twice,1st time was 188 bhp and second was 196.9 bhp and 193lbs ft of torque bud i bet out on the road cadguys would waste me,power delivery is somethin people seem to forget