Back from remap at Stealth - CADGUY's results

Here are the plots from my remap session today at Stealth.

Massive increase in the torque curve, but was hoping for a higher power figue (+200bhp), but hey hoe...

Notice the dips in the curve due to the schrick VGI switching at 4000 rpm.

Power:

Before - 188.0 @ 6168 rpm

After - 197.8 @ 6127 rpm

Torque:

Before - 180.2 @ 3695 rpm

After - 194.4 @ 3603 rpm

Spec:

BMC CDA

Bonrath Power ROHR

Schrick VGI

268 Cams

6 Branch Exhaust Manifold (wrapped)

De-cat, std mid section, sports back box

CLICK PIC FOR BETTER VIEWING

1155827828_2253_FT0_remap__power_curve_.jpg

1155827828_2253_FT0_remap__torque_curve_.jpg

That doesn't look great. Can't understand why you would buy a Shrick Manifold for a flat spot and hardly any gains.

Imo you should sell the manifold/cams etc and buy a charger. You will probably get change aswelll.

I cant see any flat spots, looks quite a normal torqe curve for a schrick VGI imo.

As I've said already, it's how it drives on the road that counts - not how it looks on paper :)

That doesn't look great. Can't understand why you would buy a Shrick Manifold for a flat spot and hardly any gains.

Imo you should sell the manifold/cams etc and buy a charger. You will probably get change aswelll.

Thanks for your opinion.

Well the cams and schrick cost me less then a brand new schrick' date=' plus this was my plan with this years budget, next years plans will get her blown m8 :-p . Besides what's the point of having a project if you can't experiment, that's half the fun, no?

You should have had a 3rd peice of paper with the figures at fly, wheels, corrected, transmission loss etc...

I'll ring them to find out if they can send the wheel fiqures on to me.

Still think that power is disappointing givne can get that with exhaust and filter.

Oh well as long as it drives well eh ;)

What are you pushing? Would like to compare figures and spec!

Doubt you'll get the torque figures with just a zorst and filter m8. Cams aren't about improving power massively, nor is the schrick.

Those figures look good to me! You should be chuffed, and like Pete said, it´s how it drives that counts, what´s the point of 300bhp if it doesn´t lay it down, your figures look great. As for figures, every rolling road result varies slightly and I know plenty of people who CLAIM their vr puts out over 200bhp on a filter and exhaust, my vr on just a filter and exhaust only got a torque figure of 175 and 186bhp! (it was a hot day though and the portable rolling road had no fans and let my car sit their ticking over for 10 mins before the run!)

Anyway, you should be proud!

(@)

What are they for then if there not there to improve the power a lot.

On all othr cars i've ever seen cams are one of the best mods you can do for extra power on a n/a car.

At best cams will give you between 5 and 10% increse, dependant on type and application. not 25% like alot of them claim to give you. Plus, dependant on type again, change the power band in your rev range.

Here's a great tuning article from puma racing's website.

http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/gentune.htm

Approx 14 lbs ft of torque thats what you want cadguy like pete said no point of having loads of bhp if you cant get it down fast people dont seem to realise it`s torque that gives you that thump in the back when accelerating poor torque and high bhp gives a poor driving experiance so dont listen to anyone else your doing the right thing.

the other guys are just jealous you have shrick and cams wish i hadnt sold me shrick to craggsy now.

Heres a quote from a sticky'd thread on here

[blockquote]Tue Dec 20 2005, 03:50PM

Premium Member

Registered Member #1970

Have a look on the RR day results, many people with OBD2 cars were kicking out near or just over to 200bhp with an air filter and/or exhaust.

Add a 6 branch mani and a de-cat and there's a good chance you'll break the 200bhp mark, just remember engines vary a lot, aparrently identical engines can have different outputs

[/blockquote]

From this thread - http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?92318.30

Approx 14 lbs ft of torque thats what you want cadguy like pete said no point of having loads of bhp if you cant get it down fast people dont seem to realise it`s torque that gives you that thump in the back when accelerating poor torque and high bhp gives a poor driving experiance so dont listen to anyone else your doing the right thing.

the other guys are just jealous you have shrick and cams wish i hadnt sold me shrick to craggsy now.

torque = power alot of ppl dont realise that BUT you can make a car quick with relativly little torque compared to bhp ala civic type r it only makes 145 lb ft (which is decent for a 2l) but it keeps making good torque at silly revs due to vtec which is variable valve timing the key ingrediant is gear ratios my car is similar 1/4 mile to a stock ctr (slightly quuicker in my experiance lol) my engine revs to 6800 and does 70 mph in 2nd compared to the civic which has 8200 rpm!!! and only does about 55!! ctr 2nd gear multiplies the tiorque FAR more than a vr 2nd gear does but the vr is quick because the engine makes more torque (212 lb ft for me)