[poll] What VR6's Do You Drive/Own?

my mate had one, i sold the cossie, liked the noise, found a cheap one not too far away with 1 previous owner who was getting on a bit, so knew it hadn't been thrashed, it was the first one i looked at and drove, so i bought it and not regretted it.

it's last of the mk3's, no leather (shame!), but has air-con, and it needs a likkle bit of work i.e paint, wheels shox and undecided about an exhaust.

but all round, it's not a bad car, it's comfy, well positioned, solid, and most of all, only just run-in, 113k, it'll do me for a few years!! :D

Ever since the Mk3 vr's came out i have been a huge fan, I was looking for a VR for ages and stumbled accross mine by accident one day at the local car yard, it had just been traded in and i had to have it,

its a '97 dragon green got climatronic, sunroof, full recaro interior, i love my VR completly its reliable and i think that i got alot of car for the money good performance (however getting bit boring now). Due to my OCD condition my VR is really really clean. I've had it for nearly two years got a few thingys need doing to it but i don't think that i'll part with it for a long time. just getting the money together for a milltek cat back and i'm going to get spax psx kit soon aswell as i've only got lowered spring at the mo and the ride quality is shite!!

when i lived in austria i had a mk 3 GL and altho it was a chuggy 1.8 with a miserly 90 bhp i liked the style and comfort of the golf mk3, a great car for living and driving in austria. good traction in snow and very durable for the very different seasons.

decided to go back to them after a couple of years but wanted an auto. vr6 was the only auto that seemed worth going for.

mk 3's are cool and you don't see many VR's on the road these days. not in my neck of the woods anyway!

duncs

Have always been in VDubs specifically Mk2's from a driver to an 8v but have always wanted a Mk3 VR6, although I still prefer the look of a Mk2 the VR engine is what I wanted and a bit I suppose the creature comforts leather, aircon etc. They just sound so good and with the recent suspension upgrade I had done at The Phirm it handles much better too! Really enjoying the VR experience and got the modding bug again!

i drive a 95 vr6 golf 3door mystic blue, owned it since june 2000 after going with my boss to a garage when he bought an audi a4, i spotted the vr6 and took it for a test drive (ill never forget the salesmans colour draining from his face lol) and fell in love with it, sold my old mk2gti to the guy that i bought it off and bought the vr, hated the suspension but sure nothing eibach and bilstein didnt put right, bought with 83k on the clock now sitting with 137k on clock,it needs an engine rebuild and basically a restoration as its taken dogs abuse in the last 6 years, has loads of new bits including water pumps, radiator,hoses, discs, pads, fuel pump, suspension, bushes, engine mounts, ecu,cat and alternator, having a nightmare finding anyone to rebuild and port the engine for realistic money but im sure ill find someone eventually whos trustworthy enough to do the work, going to be painted at same time, oh yes and it sits on bbs splits ( the ten spoke?rk 2s or somethimng cant remember code lol swapped for momos +£150 which was my bargain of the century!) the car has given a good account of its self on many occasions with some bigger hp cars including accord type rs,and a standard uk spec scooby at an illegal drag race infront of 100s of people ( 3rd gear top end drive by vibes hehe!)which is my proudest moment!! love it and dont think ill drive anything else anytime soon!

• 3 weeks later...

ive wanted a scooby wrx sti for ages, but realistically, if u buy one for less than 6 or 7 k, it will probably be a completely shagged out one, got a 96 black vr 5 door. got f.k suspension, looking for rims, just put on an alarm, and guess what, looks like this is gonno cost me more than the scoob was...lol, i dont like the fact that there r just soooooooooooo many mk3's out there, but at least i know that i have something a bit special under the bonnet...