[poll] What VR6's Do You Drive/Own?

had 2 mk3 vr's one was a doner car for my planned mk2 conversion and one was a runaround whilst i build it!!!

have to say i loved the comfort of the mk3, the heated leathers where nice but iv always loved the mk2, looks handling... so i decided to do the conversion. best thing i ever done.

amazingly faster and the MAIN REASON FOR THE ***KIN SOUND!!!

wouldnt change it for anything else

i had a b reg mk2 gti as my first car got that to 140 bhp only an 8v too

then i got a mk1 cab gti not very nice to drive then i found a mint runout edition mk2 gti 8v with all the works and totaly standered then i got a 1.8 gl mk2 on carbs dont know why but it was very cheap

now i got a mk1 1983 gti tin top very nice cult car plus still got the b reg for track days the gl for a skip and just got my first mk3 with the jem of an engine the vr6 i would have never got a mk3 unless it had that engine because i don't do 16v's and the 8v mk3 is s**t

• 2 weeks later...

got a vr6 highline .. bought as a tradein at vw 3 years ago ... was 1 owner and fvwsh .... fantastic car and once the eibachs and konis were fitted it handled a dream ... always wanted one since they came out as fast, rare and deceptive to those who dont know what they are (another old golf !) ... run a mk2 8v as a daily driver and on the look out for an R32 now .. but vr6 wont be sold .... 2 good a car !

• 2 weeks later...

Got a 1997 P plate satin silver car with climate, did have std leather but now got colour concept recaros as the std seats are pants!!

This is my 4th VR6 first being a corrado, which was a piece of poo, got a gti engineering tuned Golf after that, then my current car which has easily been gthe best one, oh yeah the 4th was a passat estate i used as a runner last year for a few months, total shed!!

I have had the silver car for just over 2 years, done 22000 miles in it and its now at131k, but its by far the best one!!

Spent a fortune on it this year on bodywork and an engine refresh, done a rare thing by changing the front to MK3.5 cab stuff and now i totally love it, lots of folk think theres something different about that car but cant quite put my finger on what it is!! :)