• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me about it.. Graham AKA hi-line vr6lover has been over this evenin to assist with the interior installation, but as of 2100hrs it looked like this!

Kinda like the satin pearly mulberry colour, but he's continuing with the other coats thru the night!

still shes gettin there, slowly! lucky i work for myself so i can pop by every day and squeeze a few hours in here and there!

May have to be fittin the interior at e38 tho!

1156974070_882_FT131335_img_3538.jpg

1156974070_882_FT131335_img_3539.jpg

1156974070_882_FT131335_img_3540.jpg

1156974070_882_FT131335_img_3541.jpg

yep this is the ring beastie, shes booked in at stealth for thursday week for remap.. software will vary ever so slightly with the 4wd..

k, last update before e38.

just got back, interior all in bar front seats n dash trim. Needs inlet manifold fitting, nos solenoids, sensors for gauges and swap da wheels over.. cleaning can wait till sat am!

we will be there friday evening so get the coldies out and txt me any shopping lists ;)

bay is the bit htat takes the time.. shes going back in on monday for blingin an chargin, also i cant run the charger without the mapping, an shes booked in at stealth on thursday so we'll be runnin standard bay till then!

i'm off to get last bits done and will see you all laters ;)

ok, well for those of you at e38, that was the car so far.

for those of you who werent...,

1157539807_882_FT131335_img_2508.jpg

1157539807_882_FT131335_img_2511.jpg

1157539807_882_FT131335_img_2517.jpg

1157539807_882_FT131335_img_2527.jpg

1157539807_882_FT131335_img_2528.jpg

1157539807_882_FT131335_img_2530.jpg

1157539807_882_FT131335_img_2531.jpg

1157539807_882_FT131335_img_3560.jpg

1157539807_882_FT131335_img_3561.jpg

1157539807_882_FT131335_img_3562.jpg

were now havin the charger fitted with front mount cooler and aim to be headin up to stealth in the early hours of tomorrow mornin with dan(another vr owner from down south) to have a mulitple remap!

will get figure for ya'll tomorrow nite! ;)

Back from stealth, and have work to do..

Got in at 4, left at 545, driving 70 odd miles in a left hand drive at dawn after 1.5hrs light is completely surreal! so much so that it just didnt feel like it was actually happenin, after all this time! The car was runnin perfectly although i was only gettin 4psi of boost but compared to the old jakex she seemed a little shy.. anyways, carried on up a34 with a few spurts of speed (just to hear that whine that i've missed so much :)) & met up with zoomin vr6 (dan) on silverstone junction of m40, we then convoyed up the stealth where we bumped into ingham..!

We left dans car to be setup and popped over the road to get four wheel alignment and tracking done for the weekends trip to nurburg. NOTE: <* syncros dont have adjustment on the rear*>

eventually got back and setup with rear driveshafts expertly removed by vince and the odd fault code reset we where now ready for testing..

On the First few runs the power was significantly down on the previous set up back in march.. after much messing about and after vince explaining of a similar problem with Kev's intercooler we came to the assumption that the intercooler that has given us so many headaches over the past few weeks is causing the restriction to boost.. Any ideas / comments gratefully reviewed! Next step after the ring this weekend is to possibly put the other smaller stage 3 intercooler in the same position as the larger nismo unit.. My conclusion, Jap Crap dont work with Euro Monsters!

Anyway the car is back at K&J for a last minute tighten, oil change and check over and we leave in 27hrs time !

Sounds like fun m8 :-)

Hopefully the change in cooler will do the job and you will find those lost horses before they go out to pasture !

Hopefully it will all be sorted for the trip to the pod. Will be interesting to see how things go. :-)

Did you fit the shcrick manifold and cams? Or were they left on the other car? Could this also be another reason why ponies have escaped? How much extra would the shcrick stuff give?

Enjoy the ring m8. :-)

Wish I was going along with you........ :-(

Mark.

K all, just a quick update.. ;)

Dropped car off at houghs (my mechanics / bodyshop) thurs evening, Kyle (mechanic man)adjusted suspension, and gave car the once over before the trip to the Nurburg Ring, all before 1030 the next day!! OMG! :)and.. also removed the troublesome intercooler.. which maybe wasnt such a good idea!

Anyways, i collected the car, went to a wedding as an usher for good mate (who whilst his wife was preparing for the wedding, he was installing my clifford..eek ((sorry nat..)))

ANyways, wedding done leave, pack, sleep for an hour and leave with Kyle at 0230 to meet sambo and his syncro.

Leave sams and meet mk3 anni, Warren, Andy & Aswad. *see nurburg ring post!

One route to germany Something did not feel quite right, not enuf power compared to the others cars and certainaly not enuf compared to steve's charged rarebit ;)

still got there with fun, checked plugs and found a lovely pink tinge to them.. nevermind, i had to drive sensibly home anyways cos The Goth broke my clutch!! (no wurries nigel i'm just pullin ya leg..:))

10hr drive home, a bit of stalling gettin on the ferry apart from that it was cool.. now shes sat back up at K&J (Houghs) waitin for the front end body work transformation and the bonnet power bulge to be sorted out instead of my 15lb hammer mod! also the helix clutch, vf mounts lightened flywheel and standard stage 3 intercooler to be fitted.

um. i think thats about it for now, sorry about the rush'd update but lifes hectic atm! oh yeah, hope to have car back for next weekend...Famous ....Last....Words..............

1158359106_882_FT131335_crw_0932.jpg

got to say your car is a beast.its good to a vr taken to next levels' date='at gti fes 06 u said more to come did nt think this much,hats off mate keep dubbing.

[/quote']

Thanks chap! it's always good to have active encouragement ;)

what suspension du you have one' date='my car is also a vr6 syncro highline in the same coler mine a 4/95 with oettinger kit on

[/quote']

RIX I have the fk silverline konigsports.. tbh, i cant really comment on them as yet cos i still havent got em set up 100% right! ur car sounds a bit tasty, send us a picture if poss? where abouts are you? how many syncro's are there on this forum...?

You're not messing around are you? LOL

Awesome car. Look forward to seeing it in the metal at the shows next year. Are you going to show it at Ultimate Dubs (11 March) ?

Nick, Yeah! I'd like to show her there! i'm definately going! it'd be nice to do a bit of show n' shining before the driving season starts and my paint looses its newness ;)