Ring Trip Sept 9/10/11th 2006

Anyone up for a trip to the ring then?

Myself and a couple of mates are heading over for 9th/10th/11th Sept - getting an early ferry to France on the Sat morn & heading down to the ring from there. On the sat the ring is only open from 5.30pm - 7.30pm we will arrive at the ring around 4pm.

Sunday its open from 8am - 7.30pm so we'll get a good solid days action.

Monday we'll have a ferry booked around 4pm (rings open from 5.30-7.30pm)

If you wanna come, Speedferries do the cheapest channell crossing at about £50 and if you look here http://nurburgring.org.uk/ you can find places to stay if you dont want to camp - when I went at Easter I had 2 passengers in my car and excluding the ferry it cost us around £100 each for the weekend plus food/drink (we split petrol costs etc)

My mates and I will be camping just up the road from the ring where we camped at easter its a massive place in the woods which was £7 a night, had hot showers, resteraunt and cold german beer!

The more the merrier :)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to ... but I only have 1400 insured miles to last until next March. :-(

I am going to need some 'Ring methedone though before next year, my last fix is wearing off far too quickly. Hoping for a quick fly/drive jaunt either that weekend, or the Wednesday before, so might see ya there.

Re. Ring Tickets:

A single lap is 15Euros. Multiple tickets can be bought with a slight reduction in the cost per lap. A 25 lap ticket works out at 12.50E a lap. With various options in between.

Re. Insurance:

During 'Tourist driving' it is technically a normal road; police attend accidents, drives can be charged, etc. However, alot of insurance policies ( direct line, admiral, tesco.... ) exclude 'de-restricted toll roads', in the same clause as tracks, which can only mean the 'Ring.

PLEASE, whatever you do, DO NOT ask your insurance company directly, the answer will almost certainly be 'No, not now you've asked' and regular Ringers like to keep themselves and their activities below the insurance radar.

TG

http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/calendar_menu/event.php?1157756400.event.43

It would probably be best to arrange a VR6OC Cruise out for those that are up for it as its a fair way and more fun with a few of you.

If you pm me to let me know if your coming, i'll book a batch of crossing tickets (subject to a deposit!) If you can't make it with your car and want a ride out share the fuel costs, (passengers are allowed on the track also!) let me know and we could try and arrange co pilots as well for those with space, camera people, & general map readers required... :)

Pm me to be added / removed to/from the list: Let me know by the 18th to ensure a space..

1. Seademon + Vr

2. Mk3 Anni + Vr

3. Ingham + Co pilot Fourmotion

4. VrSick + Co Pilot TG

5. Cadguy + Vr

6. Vwsyncro on route!

This is where I will be camping - its a 5 min drive from the ring.

The website isnt much good unless you can speak German, the ladies on the reception dont speak much english but we managed to get by last time - it was quite funny :-p

If anyone does want to camp, they sell firewood by the bag which does come in handy. A jerry can of petrol will come in handy to start your fire, petrol station just down the road that does all sorts of memorabilia too.

http://www.camping-am-nuerburgring.de/