Stand in a field or put it through its paces?

No the main trip was moved to Sept as the cruise liner that was booked had issues but the Magny Cour bit went ahead as planned but I cant afford to do the trip in Sept so will wait and see what happens next year.

Good points by everybody. I've only been GTI International, had a sprint and admired everybodies cars, it was a great day out for my family. Which means I got permission to go again ;-) lol

Enjoyed it soo much i'm rebuilding my engine, was hoping to have a blast round Castle Coombe but i don't think it's going to be run in in time :-(.

A large VR6 Cruise would be SUPERB imagine the awesome sound although with everybody scattered all over the country u aint gonna plz everyone. Almost guarenteed i'm going to be gutted as there aint many VRs down here

Would love to fill up a Pub Car Park somewhere ! Would be great !

Just all get together and go for a drive somehwere. Nice little country lanes, stop for pub lunch etc......

I love all the shows but would love to do track days to ! Only the price of such a thing puts me off doing it.

Although I suppose the more people we get then the cheaper it will be.

We should plot a point to point accross the map and people can join in along the way :-)

Mark.

well im all up for trackdays, and a thrash round some backroads would be good to see who keeps up with who. but at the same time, ive probs spent about £10k on my car and yes its built for speed and thrashing about (why else run a 3.0T lol) but im also likeing the shiny stuff, and if i were to bump her on a trackday id be gutted. its just a little bit too much of a risk for some people, so can understand where they come from. either way, shes going down the strip at POD in 2 weeks if i can get it remapped in time. and then e38 is next on the list for a bit of showy stuff. after that let me know about trackdays and i may be interested, got croft near me, thats a good un. going on my Yamaha R6 next month with superbike forums.

Try and organise something then. It's all very well complaining about how things are and how someone should do something' date=' be that person.

[/quote']

Who's complaining :S

This disscussion was stating facts from loads of exprience,

thats why some of us dont really go to these events anymore.

Even Reading mk3annis thread yesterday made me think :) Quote:

"Is it me, or is the VW world becoming more and more small minded???"

I can see he was Testing the water...... with his big toe. :-p +o(

Before ya go planning anything,

ya wanna know how peeps on the forum feel about it.

VR Cruising or VR Grazing

If seademon & mk3anni are the minority, then I'm with them

now people, have any of u ever wondered why my arse end VW badge is so...?

(h) (h) (h) (h) (h) (h) (h) (h) and (h) all the way for me although i must state that it is up to the individual and i respect their choice for the show n shine sceene and also understand that there can be a lot of money involved with running your VR how the likes of our minority drive and that some who may not be able to afford it choose to take complete pride in the looks of their cars!

I suppose seeing as i am supposed to be an events organiser, and have some knowledge and a huge amount of interest in this scene, well lets talk about making a VR cruise of the m25 towards the end of this show season, making our mark on the scene for the hardcore vr drivers. (6) (h) (6)