Dougherty Racing Cams

Ive seen you guys had a group buy on these cams?

Are you happy with them? I mean the lift/duration is abit similar to the Schrick cams. But they are overprized.

Dougherty Cams lokks like a good investment, and I have been sending some Emails to MR.Dougherty and he suggested 260 cams for my ZR2 VR6.

What you guys think?

I run these in my 3.0 S/C' date=' excellent value for money with good overall gains. Pig to map with a blower though!

[/quote']

Ahh.. So I need to remap it? I know they can remap my original Z-Engineering chip, but its alot off work?

No, or little gains with just the cams fitted?

How much would it cost to have them fitted and then a remap after??

I have been told it is worthwhile to also replace other parts at the smae time but am not sure what they are.

Total cost has got to be pretty high in the end?

Mark.

I'm running 264s which I am very happy with and have made a considerable difference accompanied with a port matched inlet mani and re profiled TB! Well worth the money! I did have to pay import charges which come to around an extra £50, but still half the price of Schrick cams and are new also!

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up a set of their 268s with very little use and a set of new tappets for £250 - looking forward to getting them in the mk2 which is having an OBD2 2.8 fitted with carbonio CAI, 3.68 FD with Peloquin diff and a few other bits and bobs. :)