Hey peeps....

Car is into the bodyshop again next week to have the side repeaters removed and the roof ariel. While I am at it I thought hey......

Why not ditch the Washer Jets on the bonnet to !lol

Has anyone done this?

If so what have you done with them? I am sure these are also an M.O.T requirememnt and in any case not something I want to get rid of anyway.....

Can they be fitted on the underside of the bonnet and still hit the screen? If so how can they be fitted? Fibreglassed in?

The bodyshop I am taking it to has an old Volvo (the one with th pop up lights) which has little stalks underneath the bonnet attached to the scuttle panel where the wipers attach. We are thinking of trying to fit those to the car instead....

Anyone done this? Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

Mark.

I've got rid of mine, there's a few options, either re fit your original ones in the scuttle panel (they don't work very well though) There are some that attach to the wiper arms themselves (these don't work if you have aero wipers though as I do) The other option which I'm currently looking into is too find some that attach to the under bonnet, or that give a better firing angle to locate in the scuttle panel.

Simon.

Cheers for the reply simon.....

I have a Bonrath single wiper so the jets on the arms are perhaps no good to me.

Like you said re-positioning the original jets onto the scuttle panel will not give a good spray to the screen.

I think we are going to give the other option of new jets from another car.

Like I said he has an old Volvo I beleive it is a 440 (With the Pop up lights? ) Anyway..... It has washer jets which are under the bonnet on the scuttle panel. They are like small towers with the Jets at the top so they raise the jets higher than the original jets which are flat.

I will let you know how we get on with them since you to are looking for another option :-)

Mark.

I think we are going to give the other option of new jets from another car.

Like I said he has an old Volvo I beleive it is a 440 (With the Pop up lights? ) Anyway..... It has washer jets which are under the bonnet on the scuttle panel. They are like small towers with the Jets at the top so they raise the jets higher than the original jets which are flat.

I will let you know how we get on with them since you to are looking for another option :-)

Mark.

The Volvo with the popup lights is a 480, I've had 3 of them! 2.0, 1.7T and the 4wd 2.7v6 that was a rare import. Anyway, the jets are raised a little (5mm?) and had a decent spray pattern when located just in front of the screen but bear in mind that the rake of the 480 screen is very shallow. Some of the 480 models had fanned versions too which gave good wide spray coverage.

Another option might be the headlamp washers off a 440/460 and I expect other cars too, as these often come with a mounting which you should be able to trim down to get your angle and styling just right... just a thought.