Back From The Ring

OMG, i am THERE!!!! !amazed

That looks f*ckin amazin, i'm def gonna have to go. Would be well up for a trip in convoy if it can be organised. Weekday sounds like a gd idea too.

Looked like you had a job keeping up with all the cars on that camera! lol

The old skool golf's looked gd and that Mini van was caning it like a bitch!!

Did I also see an XJ220 there?? :?

i loved it sooo much im going back on friday with my cousin, just to pick up my new toy! and i have 3 laps left to use up so will see how a 4x4 compares!

Excellent weekend guys! great to meet up with you, and put me down for the next trip! i'll get sum vid. footage up when i can wurk out the upload thing!!!

I spent:

£66 on ferry (inc. £10 upgrade to club class, cos i'm posh me!!)

£40 for 4 laps of the ring

£90 on accommodation (inc. all meals and shit loads of drinks. the ringhaus is where i stayed and it's one of the oldest hotels and is the closest to the entrance to the Ring. Very Freindly)

Oh yeah, and shit loads of squirt, cos i don't drive slow

3 people went in my car - ferry was £41 each, petrol was £60 each & we camped for 11 Euros a night which I suppose is about £8 at a guess? 4 laps - £40 so not too expensive really, well worth it & made a change from going to a pub to spend my money! The foods not bad in Germany & the beer is good - not many people I met spoke english so myabe a good idea to brush up on the basics before you go - we couldnt even understand the food menu's so were taking pot luck!

I am surprised you went all that way and only did 4 laps each!

A mate and I flew out for the day last september and managed 16 laps between us before it was time to come home. Great day, even with the TDi A4 tug boat we hired

TG

P.s. Any idea of your lap times?

1145443721_2196_FT114294_a4_action_shot_.jpg

because of several accidents and the track being closed 4 to 6 times, 4 laps was a sqeeze with tha amount of people there. I did a lap, came off, had a break, then another and so on. If you were to go back to back laps then more is easily possible

Yeah it was a bit of a pain in the backside to get on the track due to the ammount of cars & accidents plus it was hard to find a space in the 1 of the 2 car parks so we ended up having to park outside and then Q up with everyone coming from every direction to get on! As it was Easter it was rammed solid

Ha ha well I would have liked to have done more laps but I'm going again in Summer and again in Sept so I'll be back again soon! Also doing a track day at the French F1 circuit if anyone fancies it? Its been hired out by some friends of mine.

Cheers for the info on costs. Sounds like it would be best going for a mid-week trip then to get my money's worth.

When are you doing the French trip Seademon?

Im defiantely going - I've paid! Cadguys coming if he can get a passenger and Simey might be up for it as he likes a trackday :D

Great value for money & for me its not every day that my mates hire out an F1 circuit so Im gonna make the most of it :D

Magny Cour http://www.eurothrash.com/2006_magny_cours.htm