I am using DUNLOP SP SPORT 2000, they are a great tyre in my opinion. Last a decent amount of time and I can feel the road really well, dont screech or squeal and are £75 each fitted from protyre.

I might try michilen piolts next as i hear good things.... ;)

My mate rates AVONS but i think they are the biggest pile of shit!

I've got standard springs on mine, and 15" wheels, with koni yellow shocks on the front and Eagle F1's all round. These are the best tyres I've ever used. After some experimentation I have settled on the pressure on the front tyres up at 40psi and the rear set to 33psi. I know they will wear, but who cares, really? The front shocks are set to half/half stiffness. It's comfortable on the motorway and the nose really tucks in now when you hustle it round some corners - I'm well impressed. I thought I would need a fat arb on the back to make the difference, but the tyres (&pressures!) combined with the stiffer shocks make it turn in quite sharply and grip well. Braking is now stable. I don't even think I need to give it more -ve camber!

I had Yoko A539's on my old GTi and yes, they are a total frikkin' nightmare in the wet. They were really lovely on the nurburgring in the dry though - turned to chewing gum consistency and helped outhandle some classy machinery.

Wow! I has them on my MK1 and really liked them on track' date=' hideous in the wet but maybe that was cos my MK1 tipped the scales at 700kg! Was that from a local place or a chain?

What are they like for wear?

[/quote']

They come from a tyre warehouse in Bristol (B/f knows the guys in there ;))

I've used them on my MkII Track cars as well and they wore very well indeed. I had to do a set of front on my VR6 but that was because my camber was well out but this has been sorted now :)

I've got standard springs on mine' date=' and 15" wheels, ... I have settled on the pressure on the front tyres up at 40psi and the rear set to 33psi.

[/quote']

40psi! I run mine at 28-30psi all round according to the back of the petrol cap. Am I running too low?? I have standard 15" wheels too.

Been thinking about getting some Goodyear Eagle F1's. I've been told they wear quickly but have one of the best grips around in the dry and wet. How much are they and do they make the tyres in my size which is 205/50/15?

I'm currently running Continental Premium Contacts all round. They last well but I still don't have the confidence to take the car to its limit round corners on them. Front two tyres need changing so thinking about either the Continental Sport Contact 2's or Eagle F1's. I don't mind changing front tyres every 6 months as long as I get bloody good grip for corners :D and in the wet!

Thats one thing that always connfued me - the PSI for my tyres.

The crazy guidance on the back of the fuel cap is in BAR, so I decided to bring out the mathmatics in myself and convert it to PSI, i think it turned out to be 38 in the front 35 in the rears.

However, when i took it for a service the guy said I had major wear around the middle of the tyres from over inflation, and the ideal PSI for my VR6 was 32 PSI all round. Seems pretty good to me so far!.... :)

I run toyo t1-s's atm running 30psi in each.. £42 a corner fitted :D

The vr is eating them tho.. thinking of trying f1's next.. anyone know what there like for wear?

I had them on all 4 corners about 2 years ago. Moved the fronts to the back 1 year later and changed only last week with the fitting of new wheels. And the tyres STILL have plenty of tread left on them :-)

And believe me my tyres get some stick ! If they were not so expensive I would not think twice about getting them again. Hopefully when my Proxes become bare the F1 prices will have dropped. :-)

I run toyo t1-s's atm running 30psi in each.. £42 a corner fitted :D

The vr is eating them tho.. thinking of trying f1's next.. anyone know what there like for wear?

I had them on all 4 corners about 2 years ago. Moved the fronts to the back 1 year later and changed only last week with the fitting of new wheels. And the tyres STILL have plenty of tread left on them :-)

And believe me my tyres get some stick ! If they were not so expensive I would not think twice about getting them again. Hopefully when my Proxes become bare the F1 prices will have dropped. :-)

Which tyres do you have...Toyo's or F1's? I'm looking to get some F1's but not sure on the price or whether they do my size: 205/50/15 (I have the standard 15" wheels and run 205 width tyres - don't want to change to anything thinner as I like the wide look :D ).