no there from the us vr6,the car we don´t have over here

i have one at home brand new,i did´nt use cause the mekanic

said my block wasn´t flat enough.can´t find the number here by the comp so will go and have a look later.

doesnt matter a head gasket is a head gasket fella, and there is no difference in blocks or head on us models compared to uk models. you've been misinformed i'm afraid! how can your block not be flat enough? have asked the question myself and they defo fit!

Dubloke,by flate enough i ment like when the head is skimmed,my blok wasn´t skimmed thats why wee didn´t fitt it

it needs too be,cause with a metal gasket it´s diff. to seal it corretli,and the gasket is from a mrk. vr6 a car that is not made for the eu only us that´s why,or have you seen any vr6 mrk. 4 from 2000-2001.the metal gasket raises the comp. to around 11:1 insted off 10:1

well, the gasket supplied to me was identical to a new vw one so i guess i must have a mk4 24v engine in mine. always wondered why it seened quick for an obd1. i'll have to ring chris at c2 back and let him know not to send any more over to the uk!

yeah' date=' just give chris a ring or an email and he'll sort you out! tbh, there is no real need to use a metal gasket unless you are going FI route, which i am. will be using arp bolts to fasten it down too so no leakage for me!

[/quote']

Matts been saying this for the last year....i'll have my charger on before he does!!!!

i bought mine from vw in flensburg,they said they don´t have one listed for the mark.3,so i gave them the number i got true here,and payed a maximum of 80 euro for mine.

if there is interest i could order a few and send them over,since you guys pay 175 dollars thats around 154euro´s for them true the stats.

12v VR golfs in the UK are AAA code and came with the crap paper gasket. Later VR's are AMY code and have the 3 layer metal gasket. I dont think the AMY came in any UK golfs, but it did come in other stuff.

Namely a 1996 Sharan VR6 - AMY engine code. part numer for the metal gasket is 021 103 383N, and it will fit any UK 12v vr.

As for being flat enough, if your block/head aint flat then no gasket is gonna fix that. Metal one will be fine unless somethings gone horribly wrong.....

If you get stuck getting hold of one let me know and i can get it to you for about £55 plus delivery if i remember.

These are std vw gaskets of course, so not suitable for fi use without a spacer to drop compression - as mentioned by mightyvr6.

Tom.

Namely a 1996 Sharan VR6 - AMY engine code. part numer for the gasket is 021 103 383L i think' date=' and it will fit any UK 12v vr.

[/quote']

Ive got 2 of these already in my front room!! (paid £50 for the pair...contacts in vag parts!! :D ) However, i am planning on lowering the compression in the proper way and i would like to get a standard metal head gasket (if poss) instead of the standard vag one (just for piece of mind). The spacer gasket i will not need as i dont want to lower the compression any lower.