• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R32 rims, eh? I wonder where you got that idea from?.... LOL ;)

I must admit, I've never seen 'em done on a Rallye before. They would certainly do a good job of filling those arches. But then, so would a set of monster splits. Depends what look you wanna go for...

i just sold my red rallye last year, it only had 8x17`s on it and they where f*c*ing close to the arches on H&R coilovers, i think it would foul on the rears at the end of the sills during suspension travel :( , the front would be an issue too, it may make it look like its on stilts! !amazed and it could cause problems with the diff/prop shaft?????? expensive for a set of wheels!! :(( :(( with the right mods they would look good but i still think rallyes look best on a set of polished deep dish 9x16`s, imo 18`s are too big for a mk2, even a mighty rallye ;)

by the way my arches have already had the lips rolled on them but might do a lil more before the respary. thinking of deleting the dorr handles altogether...wot you reckon??

If you're gonna start cutting holes in your doors, you may as well put some Audi A6 handles on there. That would look awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

hmmmm vr-mofo fancy photoshopin some decent rims on the old gal....would love to see what the rials would look like on it....(hahahaha to the 3 spoke rims u nutter)

antera im gonna get rid of handles fullstop.. think it would luk beta without any...but im screwed if my battry decides to go flat

• 5 months later...

Right guys im am now ready to under take the mother of all tasks (for me anyway)......these are the plans but i want ur views as i want a show stoppa to do the club proud.

1. its going to be fully stripped dwn by the end of next moth ready for a new lick of paint. body work wise i have the following planned

a. smoothed engine bay

b. blend the sills witht he wing and rear quater to get a smooth flow

c. get rid of extra wiper hole

d. not sure what to do with tail gate i dnt wana loose the number plate recess so ideas welcome

e. debaged

f. need to locate a rallye front end sick of the rado lights

Interior

a. white leather retrim

b. no rear seats

c. chrome rollcage

thats it so far but im stuck with colour choice not sure if i wana keep it standard or change colour completly.

so let the ideas roll in will start posting progress picys as the work goes on

oh n wheels i have decided they gonna be bbs splits in chrome....15? or 17?

man u dnt knw iv been ummin and ahin for tooo long now need to start doin sumin mot due and i had a hefty rear calliper and collapsed coil over dilema best take it of the road and jus do it....

im defor doing a full strip and cage. but all panels gonna be coverd in white leather kinda of a luxury strip lol....

wot you doing to yours?

the way i see it is best ideas come out of much contemplation...

Plans sound nice m8.

Should be good when it is done.

As for the Tailgate there is not a great deal you can do.

If you want to keep the Number plate recess then perhaps just smooth everything else around it. Remove the wiper and rear plinth and lock etc.....

MArk.