• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no big budget here pete gonna try and do all i can my self even gona try painting my self lol.....well the engine bay any way. plus im gona cut out my social life and put in ot when i can i really wana get the car set right....nice to meet you to pm payment details for the coilovers just gonna check if they ok

cheers....ok peeps im on a paint code hunt

luking for that g60 burgundy colour code

and the paint code type for the polo on pages 109 and 130 looks like a bluey purple but from the wing picture it luks pinky purple.....

really stuck and could do with some help as the car goes in next week

wel guys after much talk and no action..............projet BLUE PERIL is finally off the ground droped her of today at the body shop, and jhon the painter cleared me up a decent spot for me to start the strip down.....pic to follow as soon as i get a digi camera...man im like a kid at xmas so damn excited.... :-p

a big thanyou in advace for all the headaches i might give u guys with my queries *-) :$ :)

oh not enjoyin my daily hack a pug 406....man i dnt knw slow cars existed lol....but i thing i dont miss is the huge fuel bills :) well id be stupid to complain for a free car and paid for insurance thanks unc lolz

had contemplated to paint it midnite purple like the skyline.....but had a last minute change of heart and gonna keep it simple with a bit of added personal twist all i can say is test panel came out awesome ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok peeps here are some pics of the make over...these are just the strip down stage..

Seats out

carmakeover003.jpg

carmakeover004.jpg

Interior gutted out

carmakeover007.jpg

carmakeover006.jpg

got every glass out in one piece till i got to the windscreen....the dam things are bonded on the rallye.. took 45 mins using a blade making sure i had cut thru the bonding..... ...checked it lifted out properly from inside all ok.....got to the out side to lift it of there a some string stuff on the egdes holding in and tried to break it by liftin the screen out and it shattered TWO STRING bits of bond no thicker then a rubberband ...any one know where i can get a rallye screen from?

carmakeover008.jpg

carmakeover009.jpg

not been able to do much this week due to lectures then work.....but did manage to get the headlights,grill etc etc off.......fitted the indicators into their new location roughly....just gota make the housing which will ensure that they are water proof.... the bumper is off and just trying to figure out how to go about lossing the bit where the number plate bolts on.....

carmakeover013.jpg

both indicators relocated just need to fill the huge gaping holes now

carmakeover014.jpg

was gonna have the intercooler showing but decided as i want a smooth look best to just leave it where it normally resides on the rallye :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update managed to get the front bumper off and the slam panel cant wait to get the engine out...but the thing is im finding it hard to motivate my self doing it again as only before e38 i did the clutch <_< :mellow::mellow: oh well needs must

just a few more pics....guys.....need help i wana relocate my bat to the boot any suggestions of the best way to go about it.....and shall i loose the drain tray of the engine bulkhead??? or keep it????

carmakeover050.jpg

carmakeover051.jpg

carmakeover053.jpg

thinking of smoothing out the fog light appatures too??? hmmmm one fog f**cked and they hard to find best to loose em both ehh :rolleyes::unsure:

carmakeover054.jpg

done a little bit more today managed to get some bits of the engine before dropping it out easier to take off when the engine is held tite

carmakeover056.jpg

carmakeover055.jpg

sorry for the hazey pics put dirt finger

made a start on the bumper managed to cut out the bits not wanted on the bumper tomorrow i shall have the metal plates rivited on before fiberglassin it and smoothing it off :D:D

carmakeover057.jpg

close up

carmakeover059.jpg