Anyone tried or heard of this intake/inlet manifold...

Hi

Just seen this post on the vwvortex forum about the C2 'Quickflow' intake manifold...which I assume is the same as the inlet manifold. Anyone tried this? Is it as good as a Shrick technically and quality wise? C2 from what I've heard are very good.

Here's the link:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2384089

Pity it's only for sale in the US... cheap too over there at around £400.

Are there any other makes of similar high flow inlet manifolds available for the golf vr6 that are around the £500 mark in this country?

Cheers

Matt

Its a totally different thing to the schrick... did you actually read the thread or look at the pictures?!

lol...pics are nice of that engine bay... but that's my question... what exactly is it? I don't know much about Shrick inlet manifolds but know they obviously look very different. This C2 product is apparently an 'intake' manifold for the vr6 engine... for a n/a vr6 or they can add their turbo kit. Not sure if an intake manifold is the same as an inlet manifold.. I assume they are and just the american term. Has anyone heard of this product?

That EIP one is just a copy of the 2.9 mannie fellas.... don't waste your money. They never got the bigger plenum'd manifold over there. The Whoretex used to be full of Euro 2.9 manifold and throttle requests!

I doubt very much you'd see 10hp from just changing the manifold.

Those SRI manifolds (Short Runnner Intake) are indeed primarily for FI, but they claim to give good results on N/A too.....but no one has posted any plots yet to back it up, so save your pennies until there is evidence!

I personally can see an SRI giving very big BHP gains over standard as it will move the maximum torque band higher. It should also increase the maximum torque. I.e. similar low end, and big BHP gains from 4K onwards to 6.5K, if remapped.

It would come into it's own if it had correctly tuned uneven runners (for front and back banks), lairy cams, headwork and APR bolts (bottom and top!). That beast would rev past 7K with ease I would imagine.

*Wakes up*. Oh yeah I need to sort out the other millions of problems before anything like that happens!

oettinger has ported my intake and ex manifold.

Can't see how to get at the spark plugs with a shrick or that eip inlet manifold... does the whole inlet manifold have to come off just to get at one spark plug??

RIX how much did Oettinger charge to port your intake manifold mate? Any noticable gain?

The eip manifold is and oe intake thats modified,so spark plugs are no problem,withthe schrick u have too take the top part of the manifold off for changing,i bought my 2.9 syncro with the oettinger kit,its got oetinger regrind cams

ported indtake and exhust manifold(you cant buy a 6 branch for the syncro)modded intake boks,chip.oettinger promisses 210bhp and 260nm(4000revs),the same kit for the 2.8 gives i think 200 and also 260nm(but at 4200 rpm).

i havend found out what it cost but,i will find out some time in the future,also maybe getting it on the rollers this month.

the best short runner intake for quality and design has got to be shimmell performance.

i have spent the last year deciding which intake runner to get after rushing into buying an ebay special and finding out it needed alot of modification to get it to work well.

The main problem was getting the injectors to seal correctly under boost.

i am saving my money now for a professional mani which includes a fuel rail.

http://www.schimmelperformance.com/mainpages/parts/shortrunnerintakes.htm

heres the link

a bit pricey though if you include import tax and shipping