Which petrol do you use in the vr!

i've been using shell optimax in my vr ever since i've had it but for the first time yesterday i filled up with BP ultimate and no word of a lie it is ultimate...i felt the difference in power throughout my whole journey to and from inters and while on the strip.

i was quite amazed as from now i will be using BP but the downfall of the both is the price, it just keeps rising. damn taxes

Only use Optimax in mine' date=' have not used Ultimate partly due to most of my journeys involve going past Shell stations.[/quote']

Yeh tell me about it the A12 to inters is full of them. and from my experience, whenever i've needed one they just don't come along my path.

The only thing i've noticed with optimax is a decrease in mpg. Wouldn't mind if performance was noticeable, but its not. Well not the way i drive it anyway, will try the BP fuel seeing as its got good reviews.

I use optimax for two reasons , optimax is 98 ron and ultima is only 97 ron same as esso super and also its cheaper where i live to have the more potent 98 ron optimax. I genuinely do think optimax is better and have tried both, some serious strip racers use better fuel that is 106 or 108 ron so theoretically optimax is better as the rating is better, i'm sure i will be told if this is incorrect

I use optimax for two reasons , optimax is 98 ron and ultima is only 97 ron same as esso super and also its cheaper where i live to have the more potent 98 ron optimax. I genuinely do think optimax is better and have tried both, some serious strip racers use better fuel that is 106 or 108 ron so theoretically optimax is better as the rating is better, i'm sure i will be told if this is incorrect

I use optimax for two reasons ' date=' optimax is 98 ron and ultima is only 97 ron same as esso super [/quote']

you've hit the nail on the head....ron97= super unleaded with cleaning agents mixed in ;) ....some of my mates are into the jap cars scene...all the skylines and 200sx's run optimax...they tried bp when it first come out but complained of running problems...i understand that every car is different but for me and my mates ron 98 wins hands down :P;)

IMO

I use the BP Ultima, as the petrol station is the closest to my house, lol! Tried both of them and can't say I've noticed much of a difference between the pair? Only that I get loads of Nectar points the way I use the BP Ultima with my modded Mk2 and my VR!

i tried ultimate cos was hearing good stories about it, well i found that they wern't true, try to use optimax all the time as seems to pull harder with it. have found ultimate and super a waste of maoney and gladly travel out of my way to get optimax.

only prob with optimax is that it uses additives which sometimes sink to the bottom over time so reduce the ron at the top but increases at the bottom, this may not be true but its what i've heard, i always to to a station that has a high turnover so am not to bothered.

I have read that too. Optimax obtains its` octain rating with additive`s, which you cant add to, and has a short shelf life.

I tend to use BP ultimate, as you can also add octain booster to it, and have noticed a better mpg with it compared to optimax.

But again it depends on the car. :?