RE; fixed water leak DanVR6

Replaced my leaky thermostat housing today, all three parts and all the rubbers and a new thermostat. Got rid of the nasty brown gunk it had as coolant and put some nice blue stuff in. Now where it used to run at anywhere between 60C and 90C coolant temp it is now permanent at 90C. it was about 10C ambient here today. which is good i think? However reason i question it is that now the oil temp is also up from around 70-80C to 80-90C, normal running. Havent let her go yet cos i wanted to see how she was after me messing with her, but from experience if i do give her a hard time the oil temp will rise. What would be acceptable oil temp? Also how important is that auxillary water pump as it also looks a bit leaky, and not sure if it even works? Thanks.

Great!! Will check the small print on the bottle!! if its the wrong stuff i will change it when i look into the electric pump.

The temperatures are what i thought, i had my oil up to 110C once or twice but that was the height of british summer and i was in a hurry! how many miles do these engines do? mine is at 150k just curious how far others have gone?