why are people making thier vr6s look like mk4s and CLs????

Removing arches , rear spoilers ,CL rubbing strip , lights. luxuries like rear wipers, front fogs??? massive wheels that don't fit, rolling arches to look like mk4! Mk4 style lights for mk3??? Each to thier own but a car that cost millions to be designed deserves a lttile respect and subtle modification IMO. Even the new minis have gone back to plastic wheel arch trims and everyone on here is removing them. This isn't a dig at anyone just wondered if you bought a 911 turbo if you'd have the turbo taken off ;)

*runs for cover* ;)

I know where your comming from mate and yes it is each to their own. Being a designer I'm a subtle modder and removing my rear wash wipe would be a major asthetic issue to overcome!

Plastic arches were erradicated on the newer VRs anyway and the bumpers were also colour coded as I'm sure you know.

I've never been a fan of over flared arches, ultra wide 15inch rims with spacers that make a car look like an old hotwheels toy. But this is a full on euro look and its a cult style, just like art movements.

Body mods have always been an issue for me but thats my taste, I hate some modern art and I like my women brunette (even though Amandas blonde!!). Whats one mans meat is another mans poison fella. ;)

Nicely put ,it's all about taste i suppose, and yes the highlines look nice, but isn't trying to make a standard vr look like a highline the same as trying to make a CL look like a vr??? There are few untouched expamples in existence and i'm sure the more VRs that are modded, the rarer untouched examples with mods that can be reverted will become.

who cares!! standard or modded?? its like clothes if you wanna wear pink t shirts and brown flares or look to like you came to work on a skateboard "dude" so be it, society is cruel enough to tell you that you look a cunt if you get it wrong!!

advance appologys for anyone who dresses like the above!

advance insult if you do.... you look like a c.... :P

who cares!! standard or modded?? its like clothes if you wanna wear pink t shirts and brown flares or look to like you came to work on a skateboard "dude" so be it' date=' society is cruel enough to tell you that you look a cunt if you get it wrong!!

advance appologys for anyone who dresses like the above!

advance insult if you do.... you look like a c.... :P

[/quote']

Very funny that, but true

yes the grill, it's a mod "that can be reverted" and is soon to come off because it's broken, crappy FK clips snapped first time i removed it!! like i said it's not a dig at anyone, it's just a bit weird. Some of the highly modded cars look mint but are probably unpractical, no rear wiper !dodge no fogs :? removing bonnet spray thingy bobs, how do you clean your windscreen on a dirty long motor way journey? !dodge Covering boot locks??? what's next smoothed tyres and chocolate engine covers :);)

i dunno i find the early VR with the arches looks dated- only one i truly like was mintys oak grren VR- that was lovely...

think the later cars without the trims look cleaner- thats why a lot of people remove them imo...

and when you remove the front washer jets from the bonnet you can attach them to the wiper ;-)

I kind of know what you mean in some respects though- sometimes form over function takes precedence and that when it beocomes a little silly...like lowering your car sooo much you grind your sub frame down everytime you encounter an uphill gradient! but hey... we love it :-D ;-)

I know what you mean about not all mods being practical JezMoz, but none of mine are particualarly inpractical.

Removal of rear wiper: Car has never been dirty enough to use it even when I had one on it! (I'm anal about keeping it clean!)

Washer Jets removed from bonnet: They have been relocated out of eyesight, so still have them on front.

Front Fogs: Can't remember the last time I actually needed to use the front fogs on any of my cars.

Hidden Lock on Tailgate: No difference in use, you just can't see it thats all.

As for the Mk4 lights theses are actually an asthetic and performance mod as eventually I plan on fitting HID's in there so I'll have improved night vision.

I did think about a lot of the practicality of my mods before moving/removing them, and one of the reasons I bought my Highline was due to the fact it had no plastic arches etc on it, nice and subtle.

Simon.

I know what you mean about not all mods being practical JezMoz' date=' but none of mine are particualarly inpractical.

Removal of rear wiper: Car has never been dirty enough to use it even when I had one on it! (I'm anal about keeping it clean!)

Washer Jets removed from bonnet: They have been relocated out of eyesight, so still have them on front.

Front Fogs: Can't remember the last time I actually needed to use the front fogs on any of my cars.

Hidden Lock on Tailgate: No difference in use, you just can't see it thats all.

As for the Mk4 lights theses are actually an asthetic and performance mod as eventually I plan on fitting HID's in there so I'll have improved night vision.

I did think about a lot of the practicality of my mods before moving/removing them, and one of the reasons I bought my Highline was due to the fact it had no plastic arches etc on it, nice and subtle.

Simon.

[/quote']

and what a nice vr6 it is

Think it is all about what makes you happy , enjoying your Vr6 how you wont to , theres no right or wrong modding is an individual thing if we all thought the same and did the same we might all be driving Nova's ... Now that would be WRONG Ive done what i like and have kept all original vw parts and could return my Highline back to how VW built it.. !lol

Making a Mk3 look like a Mk4? VW did it themselves with the Mk3 Cabriolet in 1998, and what's good enough for the manufacturer....

Yes, lots of people remove the arch trims on early VRs, but I've also seen people put arch trims onto the later models. It's all down to personal taste.

Think it is all about what makes you happy ' date=' enjoying your Vr6 how you wont to , theres no right or wrong modding is an individual thing if we all thought the same and did the same we might all be driving Nova's ... Now that would be WRONG Ive done what i like and have kept all original vw parts and could return my Highline back to how VW built it.. !lol

[/quote']

I've done the same thing with my Highline. Kept all the original parts apart from the suspension - well you'd never put that back on! 8)