hi ive been polishing my manifold and its taken me 6 hours just to do the top part with the corner off so i have given up and thought about leaving that shiny and spraying thr rest black

i just wondered if there would be a special paint to use or do i just get some normal stuff from halfords

billy

unless someone has a secret tip to getting the nigly parts at the frount !lol

keep going . . . . . .

when your fingers hurt, keep going some more - you will be chuffed you did it all in the end !!!!!

myvr6engine2.jpg

every time i open my bonnet now i go "oh yeah, I did that !!!"

as for the niggly bits at the front i used a butter knife from the kitchen(slyly) and wrapped some sandpaper around it to get right into the gaps .......

oh yeah and it took me about a month to do mine - evenings and weekends , couple hours at a time .....!!!!!

don't give up .....

What about if you use one of thise little hobby tools like a Dremmel? Wouldn't that work? Or one of those small 'mouse' shaped orbital sanders or a similar polishing tool? Got to be worth the small outlay to get faster results and avoid wankers cramp :P

What about if you use one of thise little hobby tools like a Dremmel? Wouldn't that work? Or one of those small 'mouse' shaped orbital sanders or a similar polishing tool? Got to be worth the small outlay to get faster results and avoid wankers cramp :P

i tried a dremel when i did mine - i found the stones too hard and the sandpaper tubes too soft .....

but they may do some other attachments i didn't have at the time ......

sandpaper does work , but it takes ages .....

i can see why they cost what they cost now

but i have new prolem i need the car as my mrs has gone away and it wont work without manifold

think i may try to get a spare just got to find out if its obd 1 or 2

oh and what grade wet and dry did everyone get down to im on p600

billy

looking at your bay i see your rocker cover is shiny to binliner but mine is black have you polished it or is it a crome after market peice

billy

the early vehicles - up to 95/96 - have a silver ally cover - which can be polished the same as the manifold

later ones have a black plastic one .....