VR6OC Nurburg Trip 2006

Theres loads of places to stay & camp around the ring but the Mercure in Koblenz is quite cheap and is a 4* hotel, I stayed there twice last year and was around £30 a night - same hotel in France was almost three times the price - Koblenz is roughly a 30 mins drive from the ring.

You'll have to check the date you want to go with the organisers at the ring as it isnt open every weekend, closed some weekends for racing.

Have patience. There is absolutly no point booking before the timetable for tourist driving is announced!

I think 'views of the 'Ring' is an under statment. The track comes within spitting distance from the first floor rooms. Good for an early start, not so good for hangovers.

The entire Eifel region is a tourist attraction ( it's volcanic don't you know) and is stuffed with hotels/guest houses. Admitadly, the ones in Nurburg & Adenua do book up quick. But remember we are going to need a 15-20min drive to the 'Ring anyway, to nicely warm our engines.

TG

Guest vwsyncro

well i think i would like to come to, or is it only for subscribed vr6 oc members ;)

i think it's better to stay in a hotel near the track, allot of crazy drivers on the roads arround the ring , especially bikes overtaking in corners :((

well i think i would like to come to' date=' or is it only for subscribed vr6 oc members ;)

i think it's better to stay in a hotel near the track, allot of crazy drivers on the roads arround the ring , especially bikes overtaking in corners :((

[/quote']

open to all. imo more the better.

i too think is better to stay near track ,thats why i want to get it booked soon.

A date for your diary. Not! The weekend 2-4 June is "Rock Am Ring" so there will absolutly be no tourist driving. The use it for a car park / camp site!

Although with Depeche Mode and Placebo on the bill already I'll might just have to go anyway.

TG

im also up for it, me and some mates were trying to organise the trip. there may be a couple of scoobys, a couple of golfs, a nissan 200 and my corrado on the case. i wouldnt think about going soon tho, at the moment its -8 with a foot of snow. think easter is the start of the season....

A week! Hardcore! I'd be surprised if you have cars to drive home if your planning to go on the track everyday for a week even if you dont go off the track! Its good just hanging about in the car park but if Im there with my car I cant resist doing a few laps

Going for a week will allow me to spread my lapping out rather then binging over a weekend. Just like the new drinking laws %-6

I did a mid week day trip last season and it's a different world. Thats what I'm after, a hand full of laps at the end of each day. Nothing hardcore at all. Very civilised in fact.

Unlike my weekend trip. Not one of the worst but it was still chaos. For lapping I've mostly written any weekend off. I'd expect to overheat waiting in the queue to get off the track at the end of it's first lap. I'd be happy watching, taking photos & pax laps and having my VR6 seen in the (overflow) car park.

TG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...