Hi all

Havent been on for a while. As the title says Im getting a V6 4motion engine fitted in place of my VR, as it needed rebuilding which would have cost nearly the same :((

Anyway, the car has been in since just before xmas with Andy Walkers (formerly of Awesome) PSI Tuning in Newcastle Under Lyme and Im hoping to get it back in the next week or two.

Here are some pics of the VR and Golf where he was up to last week. He is currently cleaning the engine bay and new engine and sorting out the loom.

Cant wait to get it back !amazed !amazed !amazed !amazed

Ebay004.jpg

Ebay003.jpg

Ebay002.jpg

Ebay001.jpg

Stripping4motion001.jpg

Stripping4motion003.jpg

Stripping4motion007.jpg

Stripping4motion013.jpg

Theres a few guys with the conversion already on the corrado forum (see PVW for Jay Renshaws car) and the main problem is the exhaust as it has twin cats with 4 probes in it.

Andu is having to fabricate a custon downpipe to add the probes and to fit the VR. He is taking pics as he goes along, so I will get some posted up here.

Apart from that, there is a bit of rewiring needed, but the engineitself is pretty much a straight swap and uses the same mounts and even the same hoses.

Corrado VR6 = Peak power 190bhp (140kW) at 5800 rpm

Peak torque 181lb ft (245Nm) at 4200 rpm

Golf V6= Peak Power 204bhp

Peak Torque 199lb ft

The main difference is low down apparently, and its a lot smoother due to VVT.

There isnt much difference in speed between the C and the Golf, in fact the C is quicker, so I reckon it will be even quicker now due to the weight difference that the engine has to cope with.

• 2 weeks later...

Got some new pics.

The engine has been painted, as has the gearbox. It has also had the drive by wire pedal fitted.

Also check out the front engine mount which had to be made 8)

The engine has been fitted on the mounts, and all that is needed now is the wiring finished, new downpipe to be fabricated and away we go.

Cant wait :D

stanscorrado008.jpg

stanscorrado011.jpg

stanscorrado012.jpg

stanscorrado006.jpg

stanscorrado002.jpg

stanscorrado010.jpg

stanscorrado007.jpg

stanscorrado001.jpg

stanscorrado014.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got her back and shes awesome!!!!

What a car!!!

First impressions were........Its so quiet! I could hardly hear it tick over, and when I got in the car to move it I actually thought I'd stalled it !amazed

When I took it for a quick blast I was so surprised by how smooth it was, I never expected it to be so refined. But it doesnt detract from the throaty growl of the VR, I think it actually improves it!

Andy told me it the torque kicks in really low, and he wasnt kidding. I dabbed the accelerator in first at about 2k and the wheels lit up. So I backed off and went a bit more gradually.

Got onto a dual carriageway and gave it a little blast, and it pulled exceptionally well, and as he kept the magnex on it sounds superb!!

Took it back to him, and told him how nice it felt, then talked sh*t for an hour about cars before finally leaving !shy

Got onto the M6 and WOW!!! Its really REALLY quick!! It just pulls....................and pulls!! I was getting up from 70-100 so quickly and freely it was amazing.

It pulls in every gear too. You can be sat in 5th doing 40, and it just flies up to a ton really easily.

When I was nearing home, just coming into Preston from the M6, I was coming to a dual carriageway, up a hill, and I though I'd put my foot down (in 4th) to get past the sh*tty FTO two cars in front. Within seconds I was flying, and had to start breaking as it nearly caught me out just how quick it was !amazed

Driven into work this morning, started instantly and run like a dream, though Im sure my fuel gauge was reading higher than that yesterday :DLaughing

To answer some of the questions:

Its a 2.8 V6 4motion engine, with 38k on it.

The lump cost £1100, and the rest a bit more Wink (ok, knocking on £3k)

Ive still got the C clocks in the car, not the Golf ones. he didnt use the second bank of lambdas as it didnt/doesnt really need them, its just personal preference I guess (Im not bothered either way).

It has a Custom Code soldered chip inside the engine too. not sure what its kicking out, but when I go back down to him he's gonna get his mate to put it on the rollers 8)

All in all, I love it!! Its the best thing Ive ever done (hope the missus doesnt read this Laughing) and would highly recommend it to anyone. For £3k, you have a Corrado that is like a modern car, and how the VR should have originally been. 8)

1138824850_1910_FT95527_24_valve_corrado_install_037_.jpg