Cleaning tips anyone?

Best advice I've ever been given was to invest in a quality shammy leather. Paid about £25 for mine. Makes job a lot easier, and amount of water it absorbs as opposed to a cheap one is unreal. I know it seems a lot of money, but if you look after it properly it will last. I've had mine for 3 years now,

Regards, Aboo! !alien

finding it very hard to keep my windsor blue vr clean. im using triple wax then rinse and shammy it. but coming up very smeary every time :@

using a imatation shammy not very absorbant

get yourself a real shammy! and while your at it buy some meguiars car wash (£12 for a big bottle but its fantastic!) also by some meguiars tech wax polish (paste or spray about 5-10 quid) i prefer the tin paste one myself. you will see the car shine with just a wash and shammy no smears and once you polish it!!!! its amazing stuff, far better finish than autoglym imo

The other option is a microfibre drying towel

Ideally you want to wash it, clay bar it, polish it and then wax it... you wont need to do that everytime... I wash mine once a week, clay bar & polish it twice a year and wax it every 6-8 weeks (except for in show season when its every week!)

Megs tech wax is excellent but doesnt last as long or give as much protection as carnuba wax like P21S

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Everyone raves about the Claybar on this site but reading the info at "The Polishing Company"

They say that it should be used for overspray ONLY and not used for anything else or you could scratch the hell out of your car's paint.

Is it really that hard?

I am going to order thier complete pack of polish and wax and everything else but not sure if I should add a claybar to the list.?

What do you think?

Everyone raves about the Claybar on this site but reading the info at "The Polishing Company"

They say that it should be used for overspray ONLY and not used for anything else or you could scratch the hell out of your car's paint.

RUBBISH

Is it really that hard?

NO - USE THE PROPER LUBRICANT

I am going to order thier complete pack of polish and wax and everything else but not sure if I should add a claybar to the list.?

What do you think?

I think the biggest proponent of the polishing company, who has a link in his sig, uses clay bar twice a year, and its not for over-spray.

The polishing company do 2 different Sonus clay bars... the one you have read about is probably the grey agressive one... the one you want is this one http://www.thepolishingcompany.com/sonusdetailingcl.html the green fine detailing clay

I'd recommend getting it along with the kit you mentioned... you dont have to buy the lubricant though, a bit of car shampoo in a spray bottle full of water will do the job ;)