demisters shit on all mk3???

since owning the vr on rainy damp days, cold etc, in the morning the windsreen is a nightmare to clear, the blowers are fine, but it takes absolutely ages for the screen to clear!!! the tailgate glass clears instantly cause it's heated, I wipe the mositure off the windscreen but still can't see anything through it, it's quite dangerous and i find myself trying to look through the small clear bit at the bottom of the windscreen. Is there anyway of clearing them faster?? why didn't they heat the windscreen??? I was late for work this morn because of this

cheers jez

There are a couple of things that help.

1. Get yourself a microfibre cloth for wiping the mist off in the morning. Clean your screen with it too - chemicals never do it any good. Take your pick, but Spontex are very good and come in a lovely florecent green colour - you need one of these anyway, clean everything with it!!!

2. More likely to affect older cars without leather but the sponge in the seats and the carpets gradually absorb and retain moisture. For this you need to borrow a dehumidifier and seal it inside the car for a bit, you'll suck a load of latent moisture from the car.

For cars with A/C it dries the air so you don't suffer as much.

3. When you get out, turn the heater temp down to cold and point the vent at the floor not the windscreen.

4. I believe a dirty pollen filter causes misting problems according to the large poster in my local VW dealers.

somepeople use the re-circ to stop damp air getting in.

The moisture from the humans sitting in it never gets out then. Unless it's really damp air outside that'll only make it worse. :?

Actually it's the main reason I wanted aircon, keeps it nice and dry inside. The other reason was the 2 hot days per year. ;)